Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Met JD At Sturgis...One Cool Cat.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Met JD At Sturgis...One Cool Cat.

First...yes we just got back. We booked iit down from Alberta for a week before The actual event. And sure glad we did. Everyday was an awesome ride before the gong show rolled in this weekend. Jk Infrikinsane...all I go to say:P. We wanted to make sure we rode first and partied second.

On Tuesday while rolling through downtown, we saw the Shotgun tent getting set up and stopped in to see if JD was there. Sure enough he was. We got to visit him for a good hour with tech and other stories. Awesome dude. He even offered to let our bikes park by the tent if we needed while strolling. Next day my bike needed fixin and he was eager to help. Anyways, all the reputation is true. He cares about his customers and is very approachable.

Good job JD!

And one epic week. Here are some sample pics with one with JD.

Last edited by Josewales; 08-03-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

hes such a good soul..wish all industry peeps were like him!

Old 08-03-2015, 10:53 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm interested in shotgun shocks. Are they as good as I hear about them?

Old 08-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
I'm interested in shotgun shocks. Are they as good as I hear about them?
just installed a set on my breakout...have had legend two times before on customs...but jds design is flawless alot of thought went into them...i know because of the issues with my legend air ride issues i had..havent got a chance to use them yet but soon enough..have two buddies of mine that swear by them and have had over 30k miles of reliable use out of them

Old 08-04-2015, 04:45 PM
goats
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Da-Rza 21
just installed a set on my breakout...have had legend two times before on customs...but jds design is flawless alot of thought went into them...i know because of the issues with my legend air ride issues i had..havent got a chance to use them yet but soon enough..have two buddies of mine that swear by them and have had over 30k miles of reliable use out of them

from what i have read and seen, if i was to go with air, i would have no other design on my bike other than jd shotgun shock.

There was a time i was real horny for this but... in the end i have decided to go a non air suspension rout.

great company and product with customer support that should be an industry standard.... but i can not risk any possible down time while on the road.

that is the only reason i will not go with air. (this was not an easy decision for me... had my heart set on shotgun shock even tho a performance guy was set on building me air shocks, front and back, for the price of materials.... he used to design and manufacture them for cars.)

took a long time to reach this decision.

Last edited by goats; 08-04-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:55 PM
goats
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Delete cause i cant make my keyboard,work and im drunk.
Or my lap top is cause it didnt like the glass of whiskey my dog gave it.

Last edited by goats; 08-04-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain

Originally Posted by goats
from what i have read and seen, if i was to go with air, i would have no other design on my bike other than jd shotgun shock.

There was a time i was real horny for this but... in the end i have decided to go a non air suspension rout.

great company and product with customer support that should be an industry standard.... but i can not risk any possible down time while on the road.

that is the only reason i will not go with air. (this was not an easy decision for me... had my heart set on shotgun shock even tho a performance guy was set on building me air shocks, front and back, for the price of materials.... he used to design and manufacture them for cars.)

took a long time to reach this decision.
very true on down time...you always risk that with these aftermarket parts/systems...i have many bikes so not really an issue for me..but definitely would not do it on my only bike or touring bike..this bike of mine is just a extension of me not being married anymore!!!!

Old 08-11-2015, 12:09 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I mentioned this in the Fatboy Lo owners thread, but i'll mention it here too because I'm a sad panda..

...I also went to see JD at the Shotgun Shock tent, with a wad of cash ready to go, 3 times on 2 different days no one was at their tent! The third time, there was a guy sitting there, and as soon as my friends and I walked up, he didn't even acknowledge us and walked away! I was ready to drop some serious coin on a new SS..but.. nope. Sad Panda face.
Attachment 622553

Old 08-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain

he was prolly out getting some pu-tang

Old 08-22-2015, 08:49 AM
MNtadpole
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Shield on the Lo?

Originally Posted by Josewales
First...yes we just got back. We booked iit down from Alberta for a week before The actual event. And sure glad we did. Everyday was an awesome ride before the gong show rolled in this weekend. Jk Infrikinsane...all I go to say:P. We wanted to make sure we rode first and partied second.

On Tuesday while rolling through downtown, we saw the Shotgun tent getting set up and stopped in to see if JD was there. Sure enough he was. We got to visit him for a good hour with tech and other stories. Awesome dude. He even offered to let our bikes park by the tent if we needed while strolling. Next day my bike needed fixin and he was eager to help. Anyways, all the reputation is true. He cares about his customers and is very approachable.

Good job JD!

And one epic week. Here are some sample pics with one with JD.

I was wondering what wind shield is on the Fatboy Lo, it looks really good...Let me know when you get a chance!

Quick Reply: Met JD At Sturgis...One Cool Cat.