Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang....so far No good

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 02:25 PM
thephatboy2003
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mustang....so far No good

Anyone else have problems with their Mustang Seat Order ? I hate laying down over $500 bills to order something in the first place. Then to be told that it's a 3 week wait, and now, after 3 weeks Mustang tells my Harley Dealer that it's shipping in 3 weeks......Well, being that it's the end of the summer this just really sucks.

Weak Mustang......Weak

Old 08-28-2015, 02:31 PM
mndelrosario
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I try and stay away from doing orders through the dealer... should've just ordered directly from their site or a site that carries their product. I ordered mine and it took about 2 weeks before it was at my door and on my bike. Mustang seats are handmade for the most part and worth the wait, good luck hope it arrives soon!

Old 08-28-2015, 02:31 PM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

We are at the end of bike season more or less, and this is not an uncommon deal in the industry. The manufacturers stock up heavy in the early spring and hope they have made the right amount of product. This late in the season, the hotter selling items are out of stock and on backorder. Who initially told you there would be a three week wait?

Old 08-28-2015, 02:37 PM
thephatboy2003
Tourer

Originally Posted by dfwhockey17
We are at the end of bike season more or less, and this is not an uncommon deal in the industry. The manufacturers stock up heavy in the early spring and hope they have made the right amount of product. This late in the season, the hotter selling items are out of stock and on backorder. Who initially told you there would be a three week wait?
Well, I hear what your Saying dfw and can understand that, but we were kinda at the end of the season 3 weeks ago too when I was told a 3 week backorder, so I guess I just expected that they would have enough of a handle on things to realize whether it's a 3 week or 6 week back order. The woman from Mustang, who's name I don't know, spoke with the Parts Manager at my Local Harley shop and told him. I was standing right there as he spoke with her. Well, Just hoping that it's worth the wait, and to be honest, have heard very little Negative......only positive about Mustang so I'll be patient. Just sucks....

Old 08-28-2015, 02:42 PM
thephatboy2003
Tourer

Originally Posted by mndelrosario
I try and stay away from doing orders through the dealer... should've just ordered directly from their site or a site that carries their product. I ordered mine and it took about 2 weeks before it was at my door and on my bike. Mustang seats are handmade for the most part and worth the wait, good luck hope it arrives soon!

The main reason I went through the dealer was 2 fold.....I had Contacted Mustang to see if there were a specific dealer where I could see and sit on the seat. Got an email back telling me that if I went to a Vendor that dealt with Mustang, they could order the seat for me to try, without being locked into buying it. I didn't really want to Plunk down $500 + Bills without sitting on or seeing the seat. That was the first Reason, the second being that by dumb luck I got into a conversation with the parts manager at my local Harley and he said that they dealt with Mustang through a parts company. When I told him and showed him the e-mail from Mustang, we went inside and he called. Thats when Mustang confirmed and I ordered the seat. Of course, even though they say I'll get a complete refund if i'm not happy with the seat.....Harley won't order anything without Payment, so I had to pay for the seat.

Damn, when did the simple things in life get so complicated......

Old 08-28-2015, 02:43 PM
thephatboy2003
Tourer

Oh, and just to clarify guys, although I may have started this thread in the wrong forum, I started it here because the seat is for my 03' Fatboy

Old 08-28-2015, 03:51 PM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

Good luck with yours. I had the vintage solo on my FXDL and wasnt really happy with it. It was probably just me, but I squirmed around on it a lot trying to get comfortable. Had it for 2 years and sold it. Hope it works out for u.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:10 AM
thephatboy2003
Tourer

Originally Posted by cocky
Good luck with yours. I had the vintage solo on my FXDL and wasnt really happy with it. It was probably just me, but I squirmed around on it a lot trying to get comfortable. Had it for 2 years and sold it. Hope it works out for u.
Well don't take this the wrong way but I do hope it was just you because that's what I ordered for my Fatboy, the wide vintage solo with the wide Passenger pillion

Old 08-29-2015, 08:14 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

Nope, mine was the regular vintage and never was right for me. If your getting the wide, hopefully youll be good. Let us know after a few rides. By the way, it probably is me because I squirm around on the stock deluxe seat. Soon as it gets colder, off its going to mean city cycles for a redo.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:33 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

you should of went with an ultimate seat. you sit on a mustang, you sit in an ultimate

Quick Reply: Mustang....so far No good