Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Slim S in the driveway

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 12:29 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default 2016 Slim S in the driveway

Done deal. Got a great trade on the Sportster being that I've bought three bikes from Savannah HD. Good people.

Just came straight home for lunch. First impressions:

The 110" motor has guts. Much more than my 103 Dyna when it was stock. I still need to break it in, so more on that later.

It's strange to sit so low. I've never had a ST, some some new sensations all around.

I've dragged the left board twice in 20 miles of ownership. We'll see if I can tolerate that for long. Either adjust or change some parts.

Fit and finish is really good. They put some effort into the concept and the build.

The black powder coated parts stink a little after getting hot. I'll burn off the new today.

The Hollywood bars were a risk for me. I like firm dirt-bike style control of a bike, but surprisingly they work well. Pulled back a little, my wrists are in a neutral position.

Hydraulic clutch is new to me too, but smooth and linear. Good call by the HD team.

Throttle by wire is seamless and has no jerkiness like my BMW did when new.

The low seat and floorboards make for a slight cramped seating position. I'm 6'2" and would like to sit higher. I think I'll put my Mother Road Customs spring seat on the bike.

Speaking of footboards, I've never had them or a hell/toe shifter. Love h boards, the shifter is weird. Probably some saddle time will fix that feeling.

I ordered a solo LH swing arm bag and some better grips. Other than these two items and the spring seat, I think this bike has everything I need (It's not normal for me to leave a bike alone, but I'm going to try.) Maybe some slip-ons. It has a good sound, but could be better.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the deal.

Last edited by SLV; 08-31-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:47 PM
tlaw
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

That bike is beautiful. It is one that I would consider too if I decide I want something different than my Sportster (well that and an influx of cash).

Good luck with it. More important, have fun and stay safe.

Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

congrats looks nice, i like the exhaust look now, so if you could get slip ons that look the same would be win win, and it´s ready for led rear light on the fender

regards
RIX

Last edited by Søren Rix Petersen; 08-31-2015 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Dude that bike is wicked. Congrats and keep us updated with your mods.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:51 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior
Received 380 Likes on 191 Posts

OK, I hate you! I test drove that thing 5 times over the weekend. I fell in love. Best thing Harley is making at the moment. Congratulations on a great purchase.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:54 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default 2016 Slim S in the driveway

Thanks guys. I'm off for 100 miles of break-in.

Very few mods coming. That's my mantra. I spent a lot of money on my Sportster Cafe and promised my wife that this bike needs very few changes. It's actually true.

Well, SE has the Street Cannon slipons, but other than that.....

Old 08-31-2015, 12:57 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Congratulations!!!

On the shifter... I never got used to it... just remove the rear portion and install a nice looking cover.

Floorboards... yeah baby! Even have them on my Sportster...but you know that, lol.

Harley hit a home run with this bike...imho of course... the color and graphics are very appealing... sweeten by the 110 engine... man! I would install a Bobcat exhaust with the black and carbon fiber finish, some get-a-grip grips for comfort, side saddle bag for the stuff needed for the road... and call it a day! I am 5'7" so the stock seat setup fits me fine.

Sweet bike!!

Wish you many happy and safe miles!!!

Old 08-31-2015, 12:58 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member

Ohh... and time to update you signature!! lol

Old 08-31-2015, 01:05 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SLV
Originally Posted by wachuko
Congratulations on your new ride!

This is the main reason that I have stayed away from the dealer... I really like that bike and I am very tempted to trade the RK for it... makes absolutely no sense since I have the RK for going on long trips with friends and the 48 to relief stress around town...
Well, if it helps, the bike is no RK replacement, but I have my BMW for those trips (and rainy days.).

It would take some cash to kit it out for touring, then it wouldn't be what it is.
No, no, no!! That is the whole point... this bike is best left alone as much as possible... the beauty of it is that it looks great as is... I would not do much to it...

It reality, it would best as a replacement to the Sportster... just like what you did. But I just can't get rid of mine

Old 08-31-2015, 01:49 PM
Bl0at3r
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow - stunning machine.
Congrats

Quick Reply: 2016 Slim S in the driveway