Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Andrews 57H cams in my 2015 Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 09:11 PM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installed Andrews 57H cams in my 2015 Breakout

Made a decent difference, however I am in the midst of auto tuning with my FP3, hopefully when I am done it runs and sounds better. It has been running rich since is installed the 57h base map from Vance and Hines so much so it triggered a fault code saying "running rich". I have applied a few learned values and it seems to be getting a bit better, but I have a long way to go before the tune is complete. It even sputters down at the start

I am going to complete a couple tanks with auto tune and see how it runs afterwards. If I am still having issues I will be asking for help from v and h who has decent customer service.

It does run strong in mid and top range and can tell when the tune is dialed it will be great!!

Old 09-16-2015, 09:23 PM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

Keep us informed. I would like to do the same thing down the road. I already have the FP3 installed.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:57 PM
galaxyfe
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I most certainly don't mean to critique your process, especially if you are personally enjoying the journey, but man, what a struggle it seems to be. I recently did a cam swap and decided to go the custom map route on the dyno. After reading thread after thread after thread just like yours of guys running weeks and weeks and tanks and tanks of gas to deal with this, it was so nice to pick my bike up from the shop and have an AMAZING running machine right out of the gate! I've been wanting to ask the question in so many threads like this, but why not just go get a map made and be done? Just curious. I know priorities are different, but most dyno's seem to be in the $200-$400 price range. Your time and efforts are well worth that expenditure.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:43 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

I have the pv2, and cams in my breakout too. A full dyno tune was well worth it for me. Autotune will get you fairly close.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:01 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by galaxyfe
but man, what a struggle it seems to be
I second that!! ...when I look back over this season, I've spent more time p ing about with tuning than actually just enjoying the ride.

Just when I thought I was getting somewhere, I read about dilution tables !! which, like spark timing, are not autotuned either!!

Mind you, there are a stack of posts about rubbish dynos that don't seem to have a clue what they are doing either ...hell I can't even find one over here in the north of the UK, so who knows what to do.

I don't think I'd do another cam change to be honest unless someone finally comes up with some proper tunes - pick a cam, pick a tuner, find some maps and none of them look the same ...sorry but I just don't buy that - thousands of bikes all come out of the factory with the exact same tune, and none of them blow up or anything. But if everyone shared maps a whole pile of folk would go out of business I suppose

Old 09-17-2015, 04:10 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by sincitychoppa
base map from Vance and Hines so much so it triggered a fault code saying "running rich"
bet you it's those high VE values in the 0% throttle column, and the codes kick in on the over run ...mine did