Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would do it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 05:13 PM
Savage3006
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What would do it!

I have been looking at the new 2016 bikes that have recently come out and while some of the new things to come out are really cool. Like cruise control, se110 motors in two models, etc. Those things are not things that get me excited to the point I have to get my bike and get in line for one of the new models right now!! For example the heritage hasn't changed since it came out. Harley has introduced some new models. Street750/500 maybe you can throw the Rushmore treatment to the tour bike in here. But it hasn't changed the industry. Here the question and I am not sure it has an answer or if it would be the same answer for two different people. What would be the thing, that if Harley produces it, that would make you get in line, trade in your bike and sign the line for a new one? That may not sound right. Are we to point where there is nothing else that could come along that would turn the Harley world on its head? Maybe there is nothing left to do besides engine size and comfort to make me want a bigger faster bike that is the same as the one I just traded in. Maybe air bags on bikes. Or wheels that pop out if it feels you are about to lay it down. Or maybe I'm losing my mind and trying to justify not buying a new bike cause it is almost the exact thing I have save 10hp and throttle by wire. Some one tell me to shut up and be happy we got anything to improve our selection.

Last edited by Savage3006; 09-17-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:33 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

A softail heritage springer classic with ABS in two tone blue and white (or any color really) but that's about it. The Japanese motorcycle brands are the most reliable, modern, cutting edge, economic motorcycles on earth. With resale diminishing on Harleys I see a lot more metrics here in Michigan.

I even had a couple of my neighbors sale off their Harleys to a dealership because they couldn't sell them out right. I don't think Harley will ever come out with another Springer so I plan to keep both my softails and later get a Honda sport tourer for packing on the miles.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:35 PM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Springer models.. yeah!!

Old 09-17-2015, 06:43 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by joebotics
Springer models.. yeah!!
Yep. A new Crossbones S-Series.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:51 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I guess my 2 bikes need to breed

Old 09-17-2015, 07:10 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I would trade my 2014 Heritage in a heartbeat...if...they offered a new model Softail with NO throttle by wire, No EFI, No computer anything! Give me a counter balanced 110 inch motor in a Softail frame with adjustable shocks, an S&S Super G carb, electric and a kick starter to boot, auto compression releases, and buyer choice of seat and handlebars...I'm in!

Old 09-17-2015, 07:14 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by floridapoolboy
I would trade my 2014 Heritage in a heartbeat...if...they offered a new model Softail with NO throttle by wire, No EFI, No computer anything! Give me a counter balanced 110 inch motor in a Softail frame with adjustable shocks, an S&S Super G carb, electric and a kick starter to boot, auto compression releases, and buyer choice of seat and handlebars...I'm in!
They don't make them like they used to.

Enjoy your '14 Heritage!

Old 09-17-2015, 07:21 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV

Enjoy your '14 Heritage!
Ain't that the truth! Enjoy your new Slim, purty bike for sure!

Old 09-17-2015, 07:26 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Thanks. Mine was an easier choice than the OP's challenge. My Sportster was a gremlin infested mess. I needed a new bike and the Slim S just got delivered. It was destiny.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:15 PM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Savage3006
I have been looking at the new 2016 bikes that have recently come out and while some of the new things to come out are really cool. Like cruise control, se110 motors in two models, etc. Those things are not things that get me excited to the point I have to get my bike and get in line for one of the new models right now!! For example the heritage hasn't changed since it came out. Harley has introduced some new models. Street750/500 maybe you can throw the Rushmore treatment to the tour bike in here. But it hasn't changed the industry. Here the question and I am not sure it has an answer or if it would be the same answer for two different people. What would be the thing, that if Harley produces it, that would make you get in line, trade in your bike and sign the line for a new one? That may not sound right. Are we to point where there is nothing else that could come along that would turn the Harley world on its head? Maybe there is nothing left to do besides engine size and comfort to make me want a bigger faster bike that is the same as the one I just traded in. Maybe air bags on bikes. Or wheels that pop out if it feels you are about to lay it down. Or maybe I'm losing my mind and trying to justify not buying a new bike cause it is almost the exact thing I have save 10hp and throttle by wire. Some one tell me to shut up and be happy we got anything to improve our selection.

I could give two turds about the upgrades done to the 2016 models. The slim is a horrible looking bike especially in army green (no offense to anybody who owns one, just my opinion) no matter what motor it has in it and the Fatboy just never did anything for me. No sir what made me want to have a new bike was when I saw a Morocco Gold 2015 Deluxe in person. I wanted it so bad I went and traded in my Morocco Gold 2014 Breakout for it. It was the beauty that made me jump ship. If youre happy with what you got stick with it. If you want something new go get it. If you're waiting for Harley to come out with some technological marvel in order to get you to buy then you'll be waiting a long time. When Harley said they were building an electric bike the air cooled kick startin diehards had a fit. Harley is a bike built on simplicity and nostalgia and they'll remain that way for a long time to come

Originally Posted by SLV

Enjoy your '14 Heritage!

Yeah because their better in every way shape and form now

Quick Reply: What would do it!