Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest motor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 01:07 PM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by -SD-
Honestly I just want it to cause an earthquake when fired up
I dont care about dyno numbers I just didnt know if I needed to go with more cubes with a good set of pipes, or stay with the 103 and have to do a bunch of mods to it, or both? Whatever makes the beast sound come out more
I have money for either way but I dont want to have to keep going to the shop after its all done. I dont race it or anything like that, just a casual rider, barhopper type.
Go to a few bike nights or gatherings at the dealer and listen to different pipes on stock or stage 1 103" bikes and it will give you a good idea of volume and sound. Bikes that have cams and increases compression will sound different, also do not go by sound clips on YouTube vids...hard to get a true sound from that. Some loud pipes sound deep, some sound raspy. Best to get an idea of the sound and volume you like before buying IMO

Old 05-01-2016, 01:36 PM
-SD-
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Berick
Going by your questions.... this sounds like it's your first bike. I don't think you should do anything drastic to that engine because I don't think you are mechanically inclined to do the repairs that may be needed or the tuning required. If all you want is an ear-drum popper..... put on straight-pipes or remove all the baffles out of your exhaust. Heck, you don't even need a new intake for that.
Actually my third bike (first HD), probably makes me sound even worse now haha
Im admittedly not a gearhead just want to lay down some serious thunder and wanted feedback. Spending less money is always a bonus man thanks

Old 05-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,177 Likes on 6,218 Posts

I can't help but think of that South Episode with obnoxiously loud bikes

Old 05-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts

You can pretty much get what you want with the right exhaust.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:19 PM
mswing1234
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont care about dyno numbers I just didnt know if I needed to go with more cubes with a good set of pipes, or stay with the 103 and have to do a bunch of mods to it, or both? Whatever makes the beast sound come out more
I have money for either way but I dont want to have to keep going to the shop after its all done. I dont race it or anything like that, just a casual rider, barhopper type.
So if you don't care how the bike runs and just want to make noise, get a hack saw and have at it. The beast sound will come out...more...

Old 05-01-2016, 09:46 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,249 Likes on 8,383 Posts

Originally Posted by S.D.M.F
If 1 big one isnt enough?

Why not put 4 engines in one bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys7lrX107xE
How could you ride that thing any amount of time without burning your nuts off being that close to the rear heads of those engines?

Old 05-01-2016, 11:16 PM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping
How could you ride that thing any amount of time without burning your nuts off being that close to the rear heads of those engines?
Notice that they never start it....

Old 05-02-2016, 12:17 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

RB Racing LSR 2-1 Turnout / Slash Cut Exhaust (1-3/4") will give you what you are looking for and then some. Figure on about a 2 to 3 month wait because they don't start building the pipes until they have been ordered.

I've had no issues with the company, found the pipe extremely loud (that is what you are going for right?), and performs great for my needs.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:27 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Next In Line
RB Racing LSR 2-1 Turnout / Slash Cut Exhaust (1-3/4") will give you what you are looking for and then some. Figure on about a 2 to 3 month wait because they don't start building the pipes until they have been ordered.

I've had no issues with the company, found the pipe extremely loud (that is what you are going for right?), and performs great for my needs.
^^ Which is hands down one of the finest performance 2-1 pipes on the market. the chromework is flawless and thick *** steel pipes. I have this same pipe on my Big Dog built Evo 107 but with the 2" primaries for my special heads. it is indeed **loud** but in more of a sport tuned manner. I can firmly say that my Breakout, mild cammed 103" with the VH 2-2 pipes and BCT baffles causes much more "startled sidewalk person" events and ear covering than the Big Dog w/ RB pipe. the VH with the BCT baffles are just more "raw" and more 'ol school chopper sounding. But I wouldn't say they are better for actual performance.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:33 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Big motors are like having a huge dick , you can only use so much of it so what's the point besides bragging rights?

Nobody else smelling troll here ?

Quick Reply: Biggest motor?