Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Radius installed on Softail Slim S

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 01:28 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Super Radius installed on Softail Slim S

I did it myself, damn it! I didn't think I could pull it off, but I did it. I hope I didn't break anything. I took it for a 20 mile ride and everything seemed to sound fine. I think I messed up the routing for the front o2 sensor, but that's something that I can sort out when it cools down.

Outside of that, I remapped everything with my FP3 and there is a little popping on decel, but nothing big. Only happened a couple times.

Overall, I'm really surprised with the sound from the exhaust. It's nothing like the big radius. It's a nice fairly mellow tone and volume. It's not as loud as my twin slash slip-ons with the stock baffle, but louder than the slip-ons with the quiet baffles. Just about right. And the neighbors didn't complain when I rode by.

Here are a couple pics. I also just got my Mustang Wide Tripper. Love the seat so far.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:32 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain

Jeez... I need to clean my wheels. And our Tahoe. Stupid pollen is killing us.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Sawft110
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking real good! Just put freedom amendment pipes on my fatboy s.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:57 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain

Nice! I was thinking that these would be two individual pipes, but turns out that the Super Radius is actually one piece. Made it much more difficult to line everything up. V&H also says to put the heat shields on the head pipes first, but that made lining the flanges up damn near impossible. I just removed them bolted everything up and then put them back on. Made the whole process much easier.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:06 PM
Sawft110
Intermediate

That sounds way complicated! I usually do installs myself too but I got free install on the parts when I purchased the bike, so I said what the heck!

Old 05-24-2016, 02:08 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain

I had an appointment to have them installed by the dealer tomorrow, but after some videos and help from the forums, I figured I could do it myself. I just hope it stays solid. Now the fear of a longer ride and having something break. Ha!

Old 05-24-2016, 02:22 PM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by DivineDark
I did it myself, damn it! I didn't think I could pull it off, but I did it. I hope I didn't break anything. I took it for a 20 mile ride and everything seemed to sound fine. I think I messed up the routing for the front o2 sensor, but that's something that I can sort out when it cools down.

Outside of that, I remapped everything with my FP3 and there is a little popping on decel, but nothing big. Only happened a couple times.

Overall, I'm really surprised with the sound from the exhaust. It's nothing like the big radius. It's a nice fairly mellow tone and volume. It's not as loud as my twin slash slip-ons with the stock baffle, but louder than the slip-ons with the quiet baffles. Just about right. And the neighbors didn't complain when I rode by.

Here are a couple pics. I also just got my Mustang Wide Tripper. Love the seat so far.

Now that is really sweet looking....

The following users liked this post:
DivineDark (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 03:41 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain

Originally Posted by riknbeth
Now that is really sweet looking....
Thanks man. I really appreciate it. Almost exactly where I want it. May remove the reflectors, though.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Sawft110
Intermediate

That's literally the first thing I did. I hate those reflectors

Old 05-24-2016, 03:45 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain

They don't bother me too much, but the overall blacked out look of the bike makes them stand out. They just look out of place.

Quick Reply: Super Radius installed on Softail Slim S