Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Longshots

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 02:41 PM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Longshots

OK guys, I'm getting ready to put on some V&H Longshots on my Deluxe. Do you think it is okay to ride with them until I get my carb re-jetted and SE AC? I don't want these things to go blue on me in a week, which is how long it will take to do the re-jet. Anyone have any experience with these? Thanks in advance! This forum is awesome!!

Old 10-01-2005, 02:49 PM
stevecook_1998
Novice
Default RE: V&H Longshots

It won't make much difference in performance, as your intake air and fuel is still restricted and lean...but it will make those pipes pretty hot.......so since those pipes are not cheap, I'd not ride until it was re-jetted and changed the air intake. I saw my stock pipes glow at night before I put the pro pipe and fuel map and Arlen ness air cleaner on my 04 Heriatge (fuel injected).......

Old 10-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Doc
Cruiser

I had V&H Longshots for my 2005 Heritage. I hated them.... They were sooooo loud. No quiet baffles are made by V&H. I had to go back to my HD SEII's. If you want your ears to bleed. Buy them. If not, look at their Big Shots Long. If you want to buy my Long Shots, they only have 200 miles on them. Email me.

Old 10-01-2005, 10:41 PM
billvaughn
Tourer

I put V&H big shot longs on my deluxe and I love them, though they are fairly loud..They do make a quiet baffles for the big shot longs....I put them on with the stage 1 and drove it 30 miles to the dealer. I checked with the first and they said as long as I didn't open it up and just took it easy it would be fine...He was right.....The ride home was more fun.....Enjoy the ride....

Old 10-01-2005, 11:15 PM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer

Doc, I would but I just got them in this morning. I plan on putting them in this afternoon. Thanks for the offer!

Old 10-02-2005, 01:50 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer

I have the longshots on my Deluxe and love them. They are loud and mean sounding. Only drawback is u cant come home at 3 a.m. without waking up half the neighborhood. Show some pics when ure done.

Old 10-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the big shot shorts and they are loud. Although coming in at 3 am or leaving for work at 5am is not to much of a problem due to both people that live on each side of me are above 70 and hard of hearing.

Love the sound of the Big Shot Shorts. On long rides I do use ear plugs

Old 10-03-2005, 07:02 PM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer

Well got done putting on the V&H Longshots. They sound sick! I definately get the attention of the cagers. I feel like I lost a little on the bottom end when I accelerate, but it kicks when I reach midrange. Need to do a re-jet a new AC tomorrow. I'll post pics soon. Thanks everyone for your advice, it has helped alot as I'm totally happry with these pipes.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:28 PM
mrlouis
Stage II

I am undecided on which pipes to get, the longshots or the big shots long. I like loud pipes bit don't want to blow out my ear drums yet I want to get attention of the cagers. Any advice pro or cons to help me kake my decision will be appreciated. I am putting them on a 06 heritage.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:04 PM
billvaughn
Tourer

The bigshot longs look a lot better because the heat shield makes it look like two continous pipes...No joints...plus the diameter is larger....However more expensive!!!!!

Quick Reply: V&H Longshots