Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Girlfriend needs some help surprising boyfriend..

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 07:19 PM
The Real John Doe
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best way to surprise your man is to make sure you and another hot girl are naked in bed waiting for him when he opens the door

Just kidding lol yeah do what the other guys said it will help you find the right wheels.

Last edited by The Real John Doe; 07-17-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:15 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,178 Likes on 6,218 Posts

Didn't take long for the leg humpers to chime in.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:00 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
It's a nice thought, but your boyfriend probably wants to choose his own wheel. If he doesn't like what you bought he might be too nice to say anything, and then might not enjoy it.
If you do buy it, let us know how it works out.

The thought is beyond belief, but my wife would never spend more than $10. to surprise me. She knows I can't pretend I "like" it and want to live with it.
Being a third and forth hand installing would be more than enough.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:46 PM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Super cool idea you have!! And I think by you getting the wheel and all the stuff before you surprise him will be the best idea. First off please don't get the DNA wheel sorry but they are heavy and garbage..ask me I know. Look at sinister wheels they are better by far. I have a 21x3.5 on my fatboy and as stated before all you need is the risers for the fender they are around a 100.00. As far as tires go being you want a white wall you start to thin your options down a little, I'm assuming you want a wide white wall (WWW) check ebay for a deal sometimes. Other than that give Hogpro a call and they can set you up with a bolt on deal for a decent price. Good luck!!!

Old 07-18-2016, 08:47 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

wow, that's awesome. wish my ol' lady would do something like that for me. Problem is I'm too picky.

honestly I would call hogpro and see what they can do for ya.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:16 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaJ
Super cool idea you have!! And I think by you getting the wheel and all the stuff before you surprise him will be the best idea. First off please don't get the DNA wheel sorry but they are heavy and garbage..ask me I know. Look at sinister wheels they are better by far. I have a 21x3.5 on my fatboy and as stated before all you need is the risers for the fender they are around a 100.00. As far as tires go being you want a white wall you start to thin your options down a little, I'm assuming you want a wide white wall (WWW) check ebay for a deal sometimes. Other than that give Hogpro a call and they can set you up with a bolt on deal for a decent price. Good luck!!!
And nearly double the price for a 23". Ouch.

Are they really that much better? Wouldn't a fat spoked 23" wheel from either company weigh in close to each other?

Old 07-19-2016, 07:27 AM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

Originally Posted by The Real John Doe
The best way to surprise your man is to make sure you and another hot girl are naked in bed waiting for him when he opens the door

Just kidding lol yeah do what the other guys said it will help you find the right wheels.
Beat me to it, I was going to suggest getting the B/F a three-way!

Old 07-19-2016, 08:59 AM
DynaJ
Road Master

Originally Posted by Village Idiot™
And nearly double the price for a 23". Ouch.

Are they really that much better? Wouldn't a fat spoked 23" wheel from either company weigh in close to each other?

I think we are talking about a 21"...either way by the time you mess around with getting the DNA to fit (some do some don't) and decide if your going to put a tube in the thing the extra 200.00 is worth it to me.

I have akront wheels (21" front) on my fat boy and I have had a 21" DNA on my streetglide in the past and I can tell you that the akront's are much lighter than the DNA (2-5lbs?) but hey you get what you pay for right? lol

Old 07-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaJ
I think we are talking about a 21"...either way by the time you mess around with getting the DNA to fit (some do some don't) and decide if your going to put a tube in the thing the extra 200.00 is worth it to me.

I have akront wheels (21" front) on my fat boy and I have had a 21" DNA on my streetglide in the past and I can tell you that the akront's are much lighter than the DNA (2-5lbs?) but hey you get what you pay for right? lol
OP is, but I've seen a 23" chrome DNA fat 52 for $709. The Sinister is almost $1,400 on Sinister's website. $200 is not that much more and if it's better quality, it's worth it. But almost $700?

Edit: I see you say Akront. I could have swore you posted that they were sinister rims.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:23 PM
DynaJ
Road Master

Originally Posted by Village Idiot™
OP is, but I've seen a 23" chrome DNA fat 52 for $709. The Sinister is almost $1,400 on Sinister's website. $200 is not that much more and if it's better quality, it's worth it. But almost $700?

Edit: I see you say Akront. I could have swore you posted that they were sinister rims.
I did say sinister, you think 700.00 more is to much then I won't tell you what the Akront wheels cost. That's why I said look at sinister to the op..

Quick Reply: Girlfriend needs some help surprising boyfriend..