Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UNBELIEVABLE, this forum is still going strong

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 09:48 PM
gambueller1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UNBELIEVABLE, this forum is still going strong

What's going on gang?!?!?

I've been out for a few years, and even moved over to riding a bagger. Finished up my military career in 2014 after 22 years and finally settled down in sunny San Antonio, so I'm back and looking forward to seeing what all is going on in the Softail community.

I was killin' time at work today on the interweb and stumbled across some pics of my old 04' standard on the that I had done some work to and it has further solidified my itch for another softail. Without a doubt that bike is one of the best bikes I have ever owned out of all 9 different Harley's I've had over the years. Gotta love the Breakout!!! Harley finally decided to make some changes that seem to be more in line with the times.

So I'm lookin' forward to putin' another softail in the stable, just uncertain which direction I am going to go..... Love the ideas of a pimped out cholo deluxe blinging some kick *** paint as set of hella long samson fishtales with crazy apes, or the ganagsta style of a night train with heartland fender mod, blacked out with some kick *** wheels, or even mixing it up with a bobber style chopped up rear fender with springer front end. All of my ideas are truly generated by my time with everyone on this forum and the hours spent scrolling through all the hard work you guys are puttin' into this great model.

Happy to be back... keep the shiny side up.
Peace!

The following users liked this post:
Johnny Goodlife (12-01-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 10:01 PM
Big Mule
Road Master
Received 771 Likes on 381 Posts

I'm kind of new here, but I want to thank you for your service to our country.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:43 PM
gambueller1
Cruiser

Thanks Mule,

I lurked on this forum for a long time, and even when I posted in the past, I was apprehensive to get too involved b/c of serving. I am proud to have served so we can enjoy the freedom to ride.

Where are you at in La.. I'm assuming that's Louisiana?? I spent my teens in Beaumont, close to the border of TX and LA

Old 11-30-2016, 10:49 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Well, I'll tell ya. Since you mentioned a springer front end. I still have my 05 Springer that I bought shortly after I joined this forum. At about 72k I had the motor rebuilt to a 96. I've customized it with 16" chubbies combined with the 4" risers that came with it, a corbin gunfighter seat, custom exhaust from Porker, a 32" chrome sissy bar with a bracket attached to it so I could move my license plate from the rear fender to the sissy bar and also a red stop light mounted just above the license plate. With almost 105k by the end of this year on her and soon to be 12 years old, a person could say that I definitely like your idea of a bike with a springer front end because I don't have any plans of getting rid of my Springer. Oh, welcome back.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:09 PM
gambueller1
Cruiser

Springer,

Thanks for the warm welcome and ride down memory lane... Guess your not too worried about the weight of fork oil with that springer. Love the idea of a springer!! Never rode one, but have a buddy who's got one (may have to take it for a spin), but regardless, I still believe the softail is one of the best bikes ever built!

Old 12-01-2016, 05:51 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Once you go Springer, you never go back!!

Old 12-01-2016, 06:59 AM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Welcome Back, Thank you, and congratulations
Springer!

Last edited by rowan; 12-01-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:27 AM
ConfuciusSay
Road Warrior
Received 2,529 Likes on 684 Posts

Gambueller,

The first order of business is to honor your 22 years of service to our Country. I've always felt we owe our veterans a debt of gratitude that can never be repaid. I'm glad to see you enjoying the freedoms and liberties you defended. Hamilton Fish Sr. has a quote that I want to share with you:
"If a Country is worth dying for in a time of war,
Then it is truly worth living for in a time of peace"
Live your life and enjoy all the benefits this Country has to offer. You have certainly earned it.

The next order of business is the Softail. Hell yeah! Great bikes. I just picked up a 2012 Slim as an around town bike so I don't have to take out the lazy boy on wheels (Ultra Limited) just to bang around. They are great bikes.

Welcome back and good luck to you.

Anthony

Old 12-01-2016, 08:16 AM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

I'm certainly glad this forum is still around. I haven't been a Harley owner all that long, and the knowledge base of the members and their willingness to help is simply phenomenal. I've been able to make much smarter decisions on component selection and had answers and suggestions on procedures without nearly the "trial and error" that might have resulted otherwise.

So, to all the members....thanks!

And from one vet to another, thank you for your service.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:22 AM
racerkvn
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Welcome back and well wishes for you to enjoy your retirement to the fullest! Most definitely, thank you for your service and 22 year commitment to our country.

Can't go wrong with the cholo'd Deluxe or Springer build, both would be bad *** for two totally different styles.

Quick Reply: UNBELIEVABLE, this forum is still going strong