Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New turn signals for the softail

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 05:49 PM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

To make a 2-wire LED light capable of functioning as a running/turn signal, you need 2 diodes installed properly in each "hot" circuit going back to ground. It's not difficult to do. I plan on running these new lights just like that.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:43 PM
UHDhog
Tourer

So, I tried running these as a running/turn signal with diodes but I was unsuccessful. Pretty simple to install and look great otherwise. Good craftsmanship too.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:03 PM
HedleyLamarr
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

So they're both lit up currently, looking like running lights. What happens when you hit the turn signal? Did you snap a pic with the hazards on?

I'd love a set of these as I currently have no signals at all, but the notion of taking everything apart to wire em in the bars has my laziness kicking into overdrive

Old 04-05-2017, 11:12 PM
UHDhog
Tourer

Originally Posted by HedleyLamarr
So they're both lit up currently, looking like running lights. What happens when you hit the turn signal? Did you snap a pic with the hazards on?

I'd love a set of these as I currently have no signals at all, but the notion of taking everything apart to wire em in the bars has my laziness kicking into overdrive
The picture was taken with the hazards on.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:06 PM
Narddog
Tourer
Received 401 Likes on 129 Posts

I just bought a 2014 Dyna Fat Bob and it had a dented gas tank and a broken clutch lever. I assume that it was dropped and the turn signal hit the tank. I need to get new levers anyway and this solves the problem of the signal hitting the tank. I will order a set right now and will post a pic once they're on. Thanks Tigman.

Old 11-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Narddog
Tourer
Received 401 Likes on 129 Posts

So I finally got the time to post a picture. I was also unable to successfully wire in the running lights. They look fantastic and work great. Very visible. A couple things would have made them perfect.
1.If they had the third wire for running lights.
2.The brake lever has a bit of up and down play. The clutch lever is perfect. Not sure why they are different. Overall I am very happy with the purchase.

Old 11-10-2017, 04:20 PM
tigman175
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Narddog

So I finally got the time to post a picture. I was also unable to successfully wire in the running lights. They look fantastic and work great. Very visible. A couple things would have made them perfect.
1.If they had the third wire for running lights.
2.The brake lever has a bit of up and down play. The clutch lever is perfect. Not sure why they are different. Overall I am very happy with the purchase.
Thanks for the feedback, glad youre pleased!!...try maybe using your stock bushing if there is some wobble in the brake lever. Mine were actually tighter with the new levers and new bushings. Im trying to get my light manufacturer to make a 3 wire light (yellow and yellow)...they currently make one but it is white running and yellow turn...dont know if people will be a fan of that

Old 11-10-2017, 08:13 PM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by tigman175
Thanks for the feedback, glad youre pleased!!...try maybe using your stock bushing if there is some wobble in the brake lever. Mine were actually tighter with the new levers and new bushings. Im trying to get my light manufacturer to make a 3 wire light (yellow and yellow)...they currently make one but it is white running and yellow turn...dont know if people will be a fan of that
That scenario is even better! I currently have Custom Dynamics Turn / run / brake LEDs on all fours with clear lenses, and they are bright. As a running light, white is much more noticeable, and as a front signal light, the white changing to amber is more noticeable as well. It's a win-win scenario. In any event, offer both!

P.S.: Did I miss the link to your website??

Last edited by TORQUEY; 11-10-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:34 PM
tigman175
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
That scenario is even better! I currently have Custom Dynamics Turn / run / brake LEDs on all fours with clear lenses, and they are bright. As a running light, white is much more noticeable, and as a front signal light, the white changing to amber is more noticeable as well. It's a win-win scenario. In any event, offer both!

P.S.: Did I miss the link to your website??
www.deltfab.com