Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake lever for fatboy lo

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 09:16 PM
Msnyder1112
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake lever for fatboy lo

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement brake lever for my 2012 fatboy lo? I bought the bike used and just now realized that it is slightly curled. I have been searching the internet for a while
now and cannot find the polished aluminum one. I wouldn't mind replacing both with black ones, but would prefer to only replace the brake lever.

On a side note, I am a little nervous on how it got bent. There was no accident report and no other damage on the bike, of course that doesn't mean it was never wrecked but still. It seems to ride just fine too.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:58 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Your nearest neighborhood HD Dealer would be a good place to start. Then if you're not happy with that option try the J&P catalog or the Drag Specialties Fatbook.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:08 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Msnyder1112
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement brake lever for my 2012 fatboy lo? I bought the bike used and just now realized that it is slightly curled. I have been searching the internet for a while
now and cannot find the polished aluminum one. I wouldn't mind replacing both with black ones, but would prefer to only replace the brake lever.

On a side note, I am a little nervous on how it got bent. There was no accident report and no other damage on the bike, of course that doesn't mean it was never wrecked but still. It seems to ride just fine too.

Pretty much (and I don't mean to be sarcastic) every single aftermarket and replacement parts company on the face of the earth, sells replacement and custom levers for your motorcycle. If you found this forum, could you not find JP Cycles, Dennis Kirk, Ebay, Harley Davidson, Arlen Ness, and every other seller to find a set of levers to replace your bent part? If you truly need help in this endeavor.... Here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...evers&_sacat=0

I went to ebay, typed in FatBoy Lo Levers and got over four thousand options. Give that a try.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:04 AM
Msnyder1112
Intermediate

Thanks. I'm not sure why I couldn't find it before. I must have been overthinking it.

Sorry. I'm new to Harley and was just overwhelmed, especially noticing the bent lever.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:41 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Thanks. I'm not sure why I couldn't find it before. I must have been overthinking it.

Sorry. I'm new to Harley and was just overwhelmed, especially noticing the bent lever.
There is a Fat Boy Lo thread on the forum. all your questions for the bike can be answered there also

Old 03-23-2017, 11:48 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Please, no need to apologize. I promise, everything is a learning curve.
Get it sorted out, and enjoy one of the best models Harley has yet to produce.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Old 03-23-2017, 08:24 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 255 Likes on 158 Posts

i have one for sale in the classifieds, it is harley part number 41800-08 with the brake pad from a slim installed. i bought it to do a floor board conversion on my bike, then i traded the bike in. my loss can be your gain!

link to harley's site so you can see style
here is the ad

if interested provide your email so i can contact you.

Last edited by Jersey Drew; 03-23-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:00 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jersey Drew
i have one for sale in the classifieds, it is harley part number 41800-08 with the brake pad from a slim installed. i bought it to do a floor board conversion on my bike, then i traded the bike in. my loss can be your gain!

link to harley's site so you can see style
here is the ad

if interested provide your email so i can contact you.
pretty sure he's talking about the hand levers

Old 03-24-2017, 07:17 AM
Msnyder1112
Intermediate

Thanks guy. I ordered the replacement.

Yea, hand levers.

I see there is a trick to protect the brake switch, but otherwise seems like an easy swap.

Quick Reply: Brake lever for fatboy lo