Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to buy NT

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:51 AM
biskit
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to buy NT

Hey Folks,
This is my first post and I'm looking for some advise. I just priced a '07 Night Train at my local dealership today and was approved for a good loan, but I didn't sign yet...now I find I heck of a very nice 06 NT on eBay with lots of mods, (don't like the pipes) and its within 50 miles of me...if I can get the same financing ?? Is there that much difference in an "06 and an '07?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7013898&rd=1,1

Old 06-29-2007, 01:00 AM
CLL375
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: About to buy NT

The 07 has a 96 ci engine and a 6 speed. Thats about it. Oh and nothing that says "2000 and up" fits it.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 AM
DaveJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CLL375

Oh and nothing that says "2000 and up" fits it.
LOL! [sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 06-29-2007, 01:13 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: CLL375
Oh and nothing that says "2000 and up" fits it.
That's not right, all 4 turn signal bulbs are the same.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:13 AM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

As far as advice on choosing between 06 and 07, your having asked the question indicates a newer rider or similar situation. In that case I I would say you will not notice a difference either way between the years.

On the 06, what are they asking? How many miles? What is the 07 MSRP? Take the 07 MSRP number (exclude setup, tax, fees, etc) and pay no more than that for the 06 - regardless of accessories. In fact, make sure you pay less than that for the 06. Check Kelly Blue Book and make sure its priced appropriately. If possible, go see the bike in person. Even have a mech look it over if you can. If it checks out, its the right price, and you have the financing locked in, snag it. Pipes are easy to change too.

On the 07, new give you piece of mind knowing the history of the bike 100% for sure. The 6 Speed is nice in the 07 but the lack of available accessories is not.

Either way its a nice ride. Let us know how you make out.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:23 AM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no lack of accessories for the 07.

When they first came out maybe....but you can get just about anything now for them.

If the prices are similar then for me it's a no brainer. The 96 inch motor has driven the price of the 06 and earlier way down...so unless you are stealing the 06.,.,,,then I would go with the 07.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:11 AM
dietdewboy
Tourer

For me its a no-brainer, the 07 all the way. you know the history and there is that whole warranty thing too. trust me, I've use mine a few times now.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:03 PM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior

That bike on ebay is very nice and priced right. You are not going to get anywhere near the 2.9/3.9/4.9 financing on that bike though. That is a promotion through harley for new 06 & 07s. Probably looking more at 9.9 & up on a used bike.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:36 PM
biskit
Advanced

Thanks for all the great advise..pretty much what I expected. In my original post, I was trying to see if the bigger motor and extra gear were worth it and you guys convinced me on a '07. I'm trading an 05 1300C VTX..this will be my 3rd bike, but first Harley.
I'm about to "pull the trigger" on the '07 Night Train. Its year end clearence time ya know. Found a couple sweeter dealer deals then a couple weeks ago, and I didn't see any dramatic changes on the '08s.

I'll have an instore credit of at least 500. Should I use it on a sissybar luggage rack set-up? I'd rather run it clean but..
Asking advise...I need to somehow haul some stuff (change of clothes between jobs everyday ect...I currently have a Kury Grantour bag on the passenger seat of my X...works great, but I do enjoy taking all that crap off and riding solo seat.... Ok question is..anybody have any pictures of their Night Train with sissy bar/rack and bag to carry stuff in? Just looking for ideas...better seat advise? I like Mustang seats but didn't see one listed for "07s...thanks for the heads up that accessories changed in '07.

I do plan to add Power Commander, V&H Pipes, Ness Big Sucker..after first 1000, if I can hold out that long...I'm used to my X that has BUB JugHuggers and for an X, they are "nasty".

Thanks

Old 07-14-2007, 03:12 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Harley brotherhood! Do the guys over on the VTX forum know you are steppin out on them? They be callin you bad names!

Oh yeah, its against the law to put bags and such on a NT!

Rick

Quick Reply: About to buy NT