Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang seat for Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Lightngsvt
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Mustang seat for Deluxe

Ive tried to give my stock seat a chance, but its not getting any more comfortable. Its actually gotten worse since the Springer rail and pad (but I like the look of the rail). I sat on a bike with a Mustang and was impressed so Im thinking of just getting a Mustang solo instead of reworking the stock seat to save down time. The seat right now is keeping me from doing long rides.

HAs anyone put one on your Deluxe? Does it move you up or back at all? I was thinking of the either the Wide Studded solo or the Wide studded solo with backrest. I wish someone made a seat with the weave pattern of the Deluxe. [] What is the difference between the WS and WS w/bacrest seat beside $200? Do they attach with the stock mounting hardware and I assume the stock rack wont be an issue with just the solo seat? And do any of the "20%" dealers (Zanotti, Chicago or HAle's) offer the 20% on Mustang seats?

Old 08-03-2007, 03:59 AM
jscott
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mustang seat for Deluxe

I had the same problem with my deluxe seat ... long rides just did not happen. I decided to rework myself and save the money for other mods. The down time was minimal, maybe an hour tops. The problem i had with my seat was the hard foam where the base of my spine contacys the seat. I pulled the skin back off the seat and took out a major portion of the foam. To replace the foam i used temperpedic foam, cut and shaped the new section with scissors glued into place and reskinned. The difference in ride is outstanding I can ride all day without the pain or fatique i used to experience. Most of my riding buds have since done the same mod to their seats, and could not be happier. I will try to find the pics from where i did the seat mod and submit.
Have a great day,
Scott

Old 08-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

I can't answer most of your questions other than to say the Mustang seat I bought was worth every penny, and then some! That is the opinion of my riding buddy also, the wifey.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:06 AM
seaflea
Cruiser

I have the Mustang seat and passenger pillion on my bike. Me and the wife love it. I have the option to take off the passenger seat and go solo when riding to work and all. Money well spent for long rides too. I can ride it all day and not get tired.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:08 AM
StillMisterSlim
Intermediate

I had the same problem w/ my '06 Deluxe. Sent it off to Mean City Cycles and just got it back yesterday. Great job. It now gets me back approx 2" and also some height. I'm 6'1" and the problem is solved. BTW it cost me $125 + shipping.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:00 PM
csauer
Advanced

Same problem with the stock seat. I sent it to American Soft Seats and had it shaved down in the back and a gel pad put in for $180. Great people to do business with and now I can sit in it all day with no problem.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21534/7FF2C7218B3348A39B07AB47BB012EE3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-03-2007, 11:38 PM
rangersd
6th Gear

I put the mustangws with backrest on my 2007 in June. Love it wouldn't go back to the stock seat ever. I have a real bad back ( 3 surgeries) this seat lets me ride 500 miles a day if I want to. You can't keep the passenger pillion and the rack with the mustang ws with backrest I found that out. I had to replace the passenger seat with a mustang too. Of course the luggage rack goes too. The mustang seat mounts with 2 large screws one on each side of the seat the holes are already there you just knock the piece of plastic out.mandmcycles.com has the best price I have foundfor the mustang seats.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:10 AM
spike95
Road Master

ORIGINAL: jscott

I had the same problem with my deluxe seat ... long rides just did not happen. I decided to rework myself and save the money for other mods. The down time was minimal, maybe an hour tops. The problem i had with my seat was the hard foam where the base of my spine contacys the seat. I pulled the skin back off the seat and took out a major portion of the foam. To replace the foam i used temperpedic foam, cut and shaped the new section with scissors glued into place and reskinned. The difference in ride is outstanding I can ride all day without the pain or fatique i used to experience. Most of my riding buds have since done the same mod to their seats, and could not be happier. I will try to find the pics from where i did the seat mod and submit.
Have a great day,
Scott
I'm about to do this to my seat tomorrow. I bought some memory foam off the net that is 1" thick. How thick of a piece did you put in yours? I'm wondering if I should put in more than one layer. The stuff I got is pretty soft. I was planning on trying one layer first and going back in with some heavier memory foam underneath if it needs more.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:34 AM
AGRV8D
Road Master

I put this Mustangseat on my bike.... Would never go back to stock, this seat is very comfy, and my wife thinks so too. the deep pocket moved me back (im 6'4') and also provides mucho back support...

Old 08-04-2007, 02:05 AM
DaFrankster
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was torn with what to do with the stock seat. I really like the looks (styling) but the comfort was just not there. (one of the worst seats to sit on for any length of time.....kills your tail-bone)

I had my seat done at Rich's......great work. Fits perfectly and they make a removable backrest that's the way to go for the longer rides.

Picture attached........

: )

[IMG]local://upfiles/10807/C38284A39F1C45FA9839857C36B9D8C5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/10807/62566D60C8264B9EB6CA43375B85C476.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Mustang seat for Deluxe