Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to install PCIII

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 06:52 PM
bigdeek
Advanced
Received 36 Likes on 2 Posts
Default where to install PCIII

Whatup.
I'm trying to figure out where to install a PCIII. My 07 flstsc has little to no room right off the bat. The patch cable that comes with the PC is really short. Where did you locate the PC / cables?? I have the stock seat.

edit: I can't see where it will fit under the seat. It won't fit on top of the existing efi. It won't fit directly on top of the battery. It won't fit forward the battery? Did you you all just throw it on top of the battery and jam your seat down??

thanks!

Old 08-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Dunk 2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: where to install PCIII

Under seat on my '07 Deluxe.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:23 PM
bigdeek
Advanced
Received 36 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey dunk,

where exactly did you place it under your seat? Directly on top of the battery? It definately won't fit strapped to the top of the stock efi, that's for sure.

thanks.

ORIGINAL: Dunk 2

Under seat on my '07 Deluxe.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:38 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

I put mine behind the stock ecm if that makes sense toward the rear fender, but I gotta FX softail

Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned

I had ZERO room under the seat on my '06 (the recess in the rear fender isn't there like it is on 2005-earlier bikes)...I followed the PCIII instructions and mounted it behind the plastic mud guard in front of the rear wheel...install was fairly easy...cables were plenty long enough...it's been there for over 5,500 miles now and I've had no problems at all.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:56 PM
crock921
Road Captain

FX..any chance you could throw up a picture? I would liek to see the install, unless you have to take the bike apart...then dont worry about it

Old 08-19-2007, 10:47 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 203 Posts

Here's a couple of pictures of my install... I put it in the siren tray, as I don't have the audible siren installed.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:36 PM
crock921
Road Captain

so it is okay if it gets wet? from the looks of the top picture, it is right in front of the rear tire..

Old 08-20-2007, 09:46 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 203 Posts

That picture is with the splash guard removed, which is how you have to access it when doing the install. I did use dielectric grease on the USB connector when I taped it in place (as I wanted to have it permanently mounted to the unit), but the rest of the unit is sealed and should be fine. That's where their instructions indicate it is to be mounted, and there's an awful lot of bikes out there already with these installed and running.

Here's the thread I posted with some information regarding the installation once I had finished.

Roger

Old 08-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Did you modify your relay panel to fit lower in the frame? This allows the harness connectors some needed room..My PC was a VERY tight fit under my Fatboy seat, when I attatched the PC unit on top of the stock ECU per the PC instructions. I had to slightly push down on my seat to get my side seat bolts in. I ended up using a commercial heat gun to heat up the plastic pan, quickly install the seat and sit. After severall tries, the seat pan reformed to allow everything to fit good. Lastly I purchased a used Badlander seat, and it did not fit with my PC unit. Not even close......

Quick Reply: where to install PCIII