Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

updated pics.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:01 PM
dl03
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default updated pics.

as some of u may know i was recently going to sell my 02. i was very apprehensive. well a guy came with check in hand. i just couldn't doit. i appologized to him and said it is not for sale. he was very cool about it and said he didn't blame me.this is by far the nicest bike i have ever owned and i want to be the one who owns it. so with that said. i started doing the solo look to see if i liked it. and guess what. i freakin love it. i still have to order a lepera solo seat and possibly detachable saddle bag brakets. i actually like the solo look w/the bags though. what do u all think???
to see them in a really big frame go to this link and click on the pic to make it bigger. some of them are alittle blury.my bad...

http://v2-forum.com/photopost/showga...er/192/cat/500

]img]http://v2-forum.com/photopost/data/500/medium/updated_harley_080.jpg[/img]

Old 08-22-2007, 03:39 PM
mhendo
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: updated pics.

I've had my bike for almost 2 years now and that is the first thing I did when I got it. I put a seat from a Heritage Spinger on mine so I could put the low back pad on. I think it's one of the best looking mods you can do.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:43 PM
midwesttom
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't blame you I have the same colors on my 2006 and love the bike. I added the whitewalls and what a difference that made. That solo look is awsome I may have to do that next year. Be safe Tom

Old 08-22-2007, 03:52 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently traded up to an '07 Black Heritage. That is how I ride mine. I put detacheable sissy bar mounts on mine and when the back pillion is not on I have a fender bib on it. I use the stock seat right now also and it looks fine with the bags on. If I was to take the bags off though it would be to large and I would have to get a different one.

I haven't been able to find quick release saddle bag mounts for the Heritage. Do they make them? I also like the solo look with the bags though.

What turn signals do you have on the front there? was it a direct replacement or did you have to use a load eq.?

I am running bs longs on mine. I also have 12 inch 1 1/4 apes and all new cables to put on but won't be doing that till this winter probably when I can stay off of it. It's a long and tedius job that. I will post some pics of mine soon as I take some.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:47 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

get a studded fender bib for the rear fender, you can pick one up for about $60. It will tie all the other stuff in. My brother-in-law has that studded look and the fender bib looks great.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:20 PM
dl03
Tourer

ORIGINAL: lionsqrne

I recently traded up to an '07 Black Heritage. That is how I ride mine. I put detacheable sissy bar mounts on mine and when the back pillion is not on I have a fender bib on it. I use the stock seat right now also and it looks fine with the bags on. If I was to take the bags off though it would be to large and I would have to get a different one.

I haven't been able to find quick release saddle bag mounts for the Heritage. Do they make them? I also like the solo look with the bags though.

What turn signals do you have on the front there? was it a direct replacement or did you have to use a load eq.?

I am running bs longs on mine. I also have 12 inch 1 1/4 apes and all new cables to put on but won't be doing that till this winter probably when I can stay off of it. It's a long and tedius job that. I will post some pics of mine soon as I take some.
i'm pretty sure they make one for the heritage. i have to look to be sure.the t/s are hd bullets with regular incandecent bulbs so no equalizer is needed. just wire them up.
i thought bout getting 1-1/4 diameter too, but decided against it b/c the 1-1/2" would conform better to the front forks imo. i'm not knocking in any way so please don't take offense. we all like different things.

warg. i thought bout that too, but again, i feel its cleaner looking w/out it. but thanks for the suggestion.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

2002?
How many miles do you have on that sucker?
It looks brand new to me.
Great looker. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 08-22-2007, 07:22 PM
dl03
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Texas Fat Boy

2002?
How many miles do you have on that sucker?
It looks brand new to me.
Great looker. [sm=smiley20.gif]
thanks alot man. it had 7,500 when i got it in january of this year. it now has 10,xxx

Old 08-22-2007, 08:19 PM
bigdeek
Advanced
Received 36 Likes on 2 Posts

dl, I like that paint combo - that's a really sweet looking ride.

Oh, since no one else warned you. Someone is messing with you big time and put a towel over your plate. Better catch that before you get pulled over.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:21 PM
[Hooligan]
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is a pretty bike.. i think you made the right call...

Quick Reply: updated pics.