Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXSTC with detachable sissy bar?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 10:32 PM
philgrocks
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FXSTC with detachable sissy bar?

Has anyone replaced their stock sissy bar with a detachable one and keep the original seat?

My ideal goal would be to keep the original seat and have a sissy bar (as the FXSTC standard seat needs that) and then other times remove the factory seat and sissy bar when I run solo.

Thoughts?

phil

Old 09-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Turul
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FXSTC with detachable sissy bar?

hi,

i have been toying with the same idea but put it on the back burner while i get the stage 1 ac kit and sert fitted at the first service.

i will tackle that one next...meanwhile i will see what ideas come up here.

cheers

Old 10-01-2007, 05:27 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Don't know but I'm interested in the answer as I'm considering the retro king-queenseat someday. As I recall, the description of the retro seat says it requires the FXSTC standard sissy or the twisted one-piece sissy with no mention of other sissy bars.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem is that seat has to bolt onto the sissy bar. It looks like right now the only options are to have one of the two HD sissy bars (stock FXSTC or Twisted), or you'd have to have one custom made. I'd really like a taller sissy bar, but I'm wanting to keep the stock seat. Sometime down the road, I'll probably have one custom made unless someone comes out with one. If anyone knows of a good place to have one made, please post a link or the information for the company.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Turul
Cruiser

hi,

i had a look at the twisted in the catalogue it looks good but i was after sissy bar that is a bit long than the stock just wondering if the
twisted is any longer than the stock.

cheers

Old 10-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

The Twisted sissy bar is a little taller than the stock one. Not sure exactly how many inches taller, but it is taller. If you look through the Softail Custom picture thread (starting from the last page and work your way back), one of the guys has one on his bike.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:23 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I looked at making mine detachable and the best idea I could come up with was to use standard detachable side plates and mounting hardware with one of the HD, aftermarket, or custom bolt on sissy bars. Even the HD ones come ina number of different heights. So you guys looking for a taller one should be able to find what your looing for.
Once you have the bar you like you can either drill through anexisting cross bar. Or if it doesn't have abar in the right place you can get somebody to (or DIY if you have the tools) MIG or TIG weld a new crossbar or if it will fit use a couple of small tabs or even heavy duty washers to the inside of the bar for the seat bolts to go through.
I know its not the best idea, but it was something I though had a decent chance of working without having to go through a whole lot more trouble (and maybe money) than it was worth..

Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Turul
Cruiser

thanks for the tip, saw the twisted one it is a bit long than the stock and saw this one....its a fair bit longer.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28306/28592E8E0FAC458591B181C41A852D08.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-01-2007, 07:55 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Every time I see a pic of that bike and sissy bar I think that it has to be a customized (extended) version of the stock piece.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: Turul

thanks for the tip, saw the twisted one it is a bit long than the stock and saw this one....its a fair bit longer.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28306/28592E8E0FAC458591B181C41A852D08.jpg[/IMG]
I really like the sissy bar on that bike, but when we asked him where he got it or who made it, we got no response.

Quick Reply: FXSTC with detachable sissy bar?