Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Harley Rocker Review in American Iron Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Buzz Kanter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Harley Rocker Review in American Iron Magazine

We well finally actually got to put some miles on the new 2008 Harley Rocker and our guys were big fans. Joe K, who has never been much of a fan of the Softail family fell in love with it. And Genevieve Schmidt felt the same way.

Read about it in the November issue of American Iron Magazine - the #1 seling Harley mag in the world.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Bikenator
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Harley Rocker Review in American Iron Magazine

ORIGINAL: Buzz Kanter

We well finally actually got to put some miles on the new 2008 Harley Rocker and our guys were big fans. Joe K, who has never been much of a fan of the Softail family fell in love with it. And Genevieve Schmidt felt the same way.

Read about it in the November issue of American Iron Magazine - the #1 seling Harley mag in the world.
I like the mag, articles are good but (you knew that was coming didn't cha?)...AI bike reviews are mostly lame. I'm not talking about components.
Compared to mostother reviewers that include performance information on machines they review, AI either a) loves it, b)another winner, c) loves it only a little.That's it.
I can't remember everseeingobjective performance data on any review I've read in the past year. Dyno data on a stock bike would be good,
0-60 times, maybe1/4 mile times...but noooo! We know Harleys are not rice rockets but SOME performance information would help
your readers make some relative comparisons (you know this already). Just an idea, but are they EVER gonna do some exhaust pipe comparisons with dyno runson a stock, late model bike? Those pipes costenough that no one wants to find out too late thatit wasa mistake.
How 'bout...oh never mind,the mag'sdemographic prolly doesn't care anyway...right?

Old 10-02-2007, 06:04 PM
donk_316
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

I have bought the last 3 issues of AI. I like it. Seems really REALLY pro-corporate HD though but thats ok. Like the other dude said... Every bike is GREAT! But seriously... am I the only person who thinks the Rocker C looks... goofy?

Old 10-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Strgzr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

American Iron ROCKS!!! Best cycle mag ever... Love their maintenance articles. A recent letter to the mag asked if they could provide an end of year appendix for their maintenance articles.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Bikenator
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Strgzr

American Iron ROCKS!!! Best cycle mag ever... Love their maintenance articles. A recent letter to the mag asked if they could provide an end of year appendix for their maintenance articles.
Looks likethe last sentence in my previous post was right.
Gimme a break, it is what it is... a pro Harley mag. Nothing wrong with that, as long as the reader is aware of theirheavy bias. Not the best cycle mag out there for test rides (if you dare call what they do a "test ride"), not even close. Like I said, it has some good informative articles by some knowlegeable contributors, likeDonny Petersen, a guy who seems to know Harleys well.He'shad some harsh criticism ofHarley for using "parent material" cam bearings like the Moco is making a major mistake using them. And all of us withany '07 or '08 is screwed with a "throw away" engine, then in the latest issue, he says "parent material" bearings have been used"very successfully in the automobile industry over a long period of time"...WTF?Still, I appreciate his point of view and the magazine for having him as acontributor even though I don't particulalrly agree.