Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FATBOY HISTORY POLL, WHAT DO YOU THINK?LAST DAY.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 06:08 AM
BigMESA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-17-2014, 06:20 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

They also had Harley's with rebel flags on them, in the 70's. rumor has it, they tried to buy up all they could find, but a few are still out there.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:26 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,318 Likes on 8,409 Posts

Originally Posted by Bathog
Good old Snopes says this one is false.I read an article once where ***** G. denied the rumor too. I still like the story, either there are tons of coincidences or someone had quite the imagination to come up with all of these facts. Sometimes there is truth behind rumors, even if all the talking heads deny them.

http://www.snopes.com/business/market/fatboy.asp
I don`t necessarily believe much of what "Good old Snopes" says about a lot of things. It`s just a liberal man & wife working out of their home, too.

Originally Posted by Duder
Of course they are going to deny the origin, are you insane enough to think otherwise? In this politically correct society we are in, everyone from Sung Soo Kim to Jesse Jackson would be petitioning with their cronies at every plant. Can you imagine the fallout from such negative publicity on the almighty stock value?

Two or three similarities is a coincidence...7 or 8 direct links to the ol bombers and bombs is too much to cast doubt on in my opinion. I for one believe it and Love it.

Originally Posted by FATBOYUSA
Do any of you Veterans out there know anything about this?
Only what I`ve heard on this forum...

Originally Posted by drummer3278
Yeah I believe it. My Mom's Japanese, but I'm not very politically correct at all, I talk sh*t about everyone. Interesting factoid though, from my Dad (WWII & Korean Vet passed away in 96) The bomb on Nagasaki wasn't necessary to drop, but they wanted to see how an atomic worked on a hill side. Also, Nagasaki was the mecca for Christianity in Japan. Had been for many years. If most of the US new about that, they never would have dropped it. Did I open a can of worms? Some people say the Hiroshima bomb should have never been dropped. I disagree, and I was born there and speak the language. If the US would have had to invade Japan (not just Okinawa), there would have been a hell of a lot more civilian casualities. They Japanese were brain washed by there government to think of us as evil crazy. It sucks that innocent people always get shaftedand lied to by those in power, kind of what's happening here.Oops, another can of worms. I may be half Japanese, but I lide a Halrey cause it gives me an election.
Are you saying you "pole vault" out of bed in the morning?

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-22-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:50 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

You all realize this original thread is from 2007???

Old 09-17-2014, 09:00 AM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMESA
Love it!

Old 09-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,214 Likes on 942 Posts

Doesn't Matter to me I love my Fat Boy! It has always been my dream bike since they first came out with it...and I got to fulfill that dream!!!!

Old 09-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Clubber
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by drummer3278
If the US would have had to invade Japan (not just Okinawa), there would have been a hell of a lot more civilian casualities.
Interesting fact: the purple hearts they give out *today* were manufactured for the invasion of Japan. They made so many of them, the still haven't run out.

http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/1801

Old 09-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Thumbs up fatboy rules

ARNOLD SCHARZENGGER rode a fatboy good enough for me i really like my fatboy lo

Old 09-17-2014, 11:37 AM
fissco1234
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FATBOYUSA
I am interested in seeing how many people believe the FATBOY history. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, here is a quick summary. The story goes the HARLEY DAVIDSON named the FATBOY after the two bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki at the end of WW2. The evidence is that the FATBOY logo looks alot like the Airforce logo of the time, the two bombs were called Fatman and and Littleboy, and that the bombs had seven yellow lines pinted on them. The original 1990 FATBOYS were gun metal grey and had solid disc wheelsjust like the B-29 bombers that dropped the bombs. The FATBOY logo looks alot like the airforce logo of the time, the original FATBOYS also had seven yellow lines in different places around the bike as did thebombsand that HARLEY DAVIDSON took the FATand BOYname partsfrom the bombs names and combined them to make the name FATBOY. Also on the '07 and'08 models the holes in the rims are the size of 50 cal. bullet holes, the same used by theB-29 bomber planes and if you look at the studs on the '07 and '08 seat, saddle bagsand the leather conchotrim ontop of the gas tank,theylook like bullet tips instead of just round studs. There are two rumors on why HARLEY DAVIDSON did all this; 1) to commemorate our victory in WW2 over the japs and 2) that HARLEY DAVIDSONS NEW FATBOY was going to be such a huge hit with the global market that it would help HARLEY DAVIDSON dominate the large bike market and make them a powerful company, the only in the USA. AND 3) to kind of rub it in the japenese's faces that HARLEY DAVIDSON and the USA were back to stay.

Please tell why you feel the way you do.

The first time that I saw a FATBOY was when TERMINATOR 2 came out and I knew the bike was a HARLEY DAVIDSON, but I had no idea what model. I went to work that night and asked my biker friends. They told me that it was A HARLEY DAVIDSONFATBOY. I was instantly in love with that FATBOY. It took me 17 years to get one, but I finaly got one. LOL.
When did you guys first see one and how long did it take to get yours?
There are several similarities with the B 29 and the FB that are conspicuous in their absence in the original posting.
Both have rubber tires. Both use a petroleum based lubricant in their engines. Both use insulated wires in the electrical systems. Both use ferrous and non ferrous metal alloys in their construction, as well as many of the same type of fasteners. But the biggest, most undeniable similarity between the two.... the internal combustion engine. Call me crazy, or is it that I'm so sane that I'm blowing your minds?????? Gotta go, here comes the nurse. If I get caught with my straight jacket off, I'll lose my internet privileges.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Totallymetal
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy Darrel had a 90 FB... Silver as described with yellow on the valve covers and a circle in the decal on the tank. I remember seeing that bike for the first time and falling for it. He also told me the same story of how Fatboy got it's name.

Quick Reply: FATBOY HISTORY POLL, WHAT DO YOU THINK?LAST DAY.