Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcats sound clips

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 12:52 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default D&D Fatcats sound clips

Hello and Happy New Year to all.

Wondering if anyone has D&D Fatcat sound clip(s)
My indy wrench has my bike done with those- the bummer is with the current snow and ice on roads looks like it will be some time yet before I can get my ride back. So- if anyone has a clip or two that would be great....

Can't wait till the weather breaks to rider 'er home !!
Cheers,

Mark

Old 01-08-2008, 07:15 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Default RE: D&D Fatcats sound clips

I've been trying to find some sound clips of the fatcat also. some hAve said they are on D&D's web site but I can't find them. Did you go with the quiet or normal baffle? That sounds like a killer setup on your bike. I bet it runs good. The torque should come on early and stay on thru the entire rpm range. Enjoy it

Old 01-08-2008, 07:23 PM
impala
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

video clip here
FWIW not all that good

http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2006/01/49632b.htm

Old 01-08-2008, 08:37 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: impala

video clip here
FWIW not all that good

http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2006/01/49632b.htm
Was that clip suppose to be with the quiet baffle? It didn't sound at all like a harley.
Tom

Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 PM
pip369
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the bike the pipes are on was a Dyna but not sure. The video wasn't that clear on my computer. I agree the sound wasn't what I was expecting. Hope it sounds better on mine...currently getting a set of the fat cats for the deluxe.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: pip369

I think the bike the pipes are on was a Dyna but not sure. The video wasn't that clear on my computer. I agree the sound wasn't what I was expecting. Hope it sounds better on mine...currently getting a set of the fat cats for the deluxe.
Which baffles are you getting? I have drag pipes on my Fat Boy. They sound real good with the 103" engine, but are very loud. Been trying to talk myself into getting the Fat Cats, with the quiet baffle. That sound clip kind of turned me off a bit. I still want an aggressive sounding exhaust, just not as outrageously loud as what I have now. I have read that the quiet baffleputs out a bit more power and deepens the sound more. I realize that the Fat Cat will be louder in person versus the sound clip. I guess it is the loss of the pulsing sound from the dual exhaust, that disappointed me on the clip. Never gave it that much thought on how much different a 2 into 1 would sound.
Tom

Old 01-08-2008, 10:59 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member

I am not sure if the sound clip was a good assessment of the D&D's.
However, I can live with less loud, less than the ol' V&H BSS gave me- Those pipes really pissed off the neighbors. One day I took the baffles out.... that was a wee too loud for the neighbors ( like I care ) LOL.

At any rate, I can enjoy the performance of the D&D's the the V&H do not provide. Also, going with Dorhety power vents and AC, and my indy wrench is recommending Amsoil which I will give a try. He's going to do my 5K service for me too. Heck, all these changes for 2008 - like having a new bike to ride! Here is the link for the power vents http://www.dohertymachine.com/produc...products_id=23

[X(]I hope I can afford fuel to ride after all of this stuff....
Cheers.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:48 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member

Here is a sound clip of the D&D Fatcats I found, this is not my bike, mine is still at my indy's shop.
Darn winter snow.

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...t=Fattycat.flv

Old 01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member

Received 23,636 Likes on 5,230 Posts

ORIGINAL: tmitchellof PG

ORIGINAL: pip369

Which baffles are you getting? I have drag pipes on my Fat Boy. They sound real good with the 103" engine, but are very loud. Been trying to talk myself into getting the Fat Cats, with the quiet baffle. That sound clip kind of turned me off a bit. I still want an aggressive sounding exhaust, just not as outrageously loud as what I have now. I have read that the quiet baffle puts out a bit more power and deepens the sound more. I realize that the Fat Cat will be louder in person versus the sound clip. I guess it is the loss of the pulsing sound from the dual exhaust, that disappointed me on the clip. Never gave it that much thought on how much different a 2 into 1 would sound.
Tom
Sorry, no sound clip. But I do have the Fatcat with quiet baffle on an otherwise basically stock (Stage 1, PCIII) '06 Heritage Softail Classic, so I can speak to the sound level. Previously I had V&H Big Shot Longs with the quiet baffles, and prior to that Rush slipons with 2: baffles.

The V&H were the loudest, the Rush were the deepest and nearly as loud, and the Fatcats are the ones I can live with and enjoy for as long as I have the bike. The Fatcats with quiet baffle are far from quiet, but the sound is a deep rumble, not the least bit tinny. Very nice rumble at cruise. The regular baffle Fatcats are much louder, and some have complained of a ticking sound they produce which seems to be annoying.

With a 103" build, any pipe you put on your bike is going to be a lot louder than on my 88ci engine. I would venture to say that the standard baffle Fatcat will be just as loud on your bike as what you have on there now, and the quiet baffle will be somewhat (but not a lot) quieter, and will have a better tone as well as slightly more torque than the standard baffle.

Either way, you're going to think you traded your bike in on some new model once you hook up the Fatcat. The jump in torque is incredible, from idle all the way up. My basically stock Stage 1 88 dynos out at 75hp and 77 ft lbs with the Fatcat, so I can only imagine what it will do for you. You can't go wrong with a Fatcat.

Keep in mind one thing: ground clearance on a Softail with the Fatcat is very limited. Here's mine. Note how far below the floorboard the pipe extends.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:45 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member

sound clips removed

Quick Reply: D&D Fatcats sound clips