Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bubba's quick release saddlebag kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:57 PM
short
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bubba's quick release saddlebag kit

Hi everybody, I am new to this forum and need some help. I've got a heritage with bubbas kit on my saddlebags and want to add the detachable sideplates (HD brand) and was wondering where the docking points are located on the fender rail for the sideplates? Do I need the hd docking hardware along with the bubbas to make this work? I ask because I see 3 docking post on each side on some bikes and the bubbas kit only gives you 2. any tips would be appreciated

Old 01-19-2008, 08:03 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: bubba's quick release saddlebag kit

Call Bubbas. Im not 100% sure but I think you have to use Bubbas side plates and mounts to make it work.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:07 AM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

You actually got something from Bubba's? I tried to get their extended floorboards and brake lever two years ago, and couldn't get them to ship it. Every week it was something new - changed welders, someone had the flu, had the order boxed, lost the order, said it was shipped, said it was being manufactured, then back to the "we just changed welders" story again. I cancelled after 10 weeks.
hmm, sorry for venting. There should be two docking points on a Heritage.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:56 AM
short
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Trey Hogger

You actually got something from Bubba's? I tried to get their extended floorboards and brake lever two years ago, and couldn't get them to ship it. Every week it was something new - changed welders, someone had the flu, had the order boxed, lost the order, said it was shipped, said it was being manufactured, then back to the "we just changed welders" story again. I cancelled after 10 weeks.
hmm, sorry for venting. There should be two docking points on a Heritage.
why do I see 3 on some?

Old 01-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

"docking points" are where either the saddlebag or detachable side-plate connect. The bags and sissybar/luggage rack attached to the detachable side-plates on my Heritage have two. If you're talking how many bolt-on points for the rail, there's at least three. If you have something from Bubbas on there, I'd have no idea what you are dealing with - never seen ANY Bubbas products.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:03 PM
zoepup
6th Gear

Unfortunately, the more I see is that Bubba's went from great customer service to bad to out of business. I was happy with their products. Wish they were around to support them.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:30 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by zoepup
Unfortunately, the more I see is that Bubba's went from great customer service to bad to out of business. I was happy with their products. Wish they were around to support them.

3 year old thread.....

But Bubbas was bought out by Legends and is selling their products

http://LegendsMotorcycles.com

Old 06-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hspring03
3 year old thread.....

But Bubbas was bought out by Legends and is selling their products

http://LegendsMotorcycles.com

I don't see that Legends is selling their Docking hardware..

Best money I ever spent...

Mike
NY

Old 06-09-2011, 07:32 PM
FBL2011
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since this has been resurrected I have a question...why don't other bag makers offer bags designed to be compatible with the Harley detachable mount points?

I have a set of the HD mounts on my Fatboy for my backrest but it seems the only bags compatible with my hardware are overprices HD bags in a limited selection. A lot of bikes have HD mounts and with the magnetic covers over them when they're off they don't look bad. I'm surprised other companies don't make bags that fit em..I don't think it would be a patent issue.

Old 08-20-2011, 02:52 PM
deluxe1835
Advanced

Does anybody have parts for these? A friend gave me a kit with everything except one of the twisting handle pieces that go through the bag and into the threaded bold on the strut? anybody... I just need one piece.

Quick Reply: bubba's quick release saddlebag kit