Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mustang seat fiited

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 06:18 AM
eagle56
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mustang seat fiited

[blockquote]
Recieved my mustang seat from Hawk Trough good people to deal with.

It was a bit of an **** to fit not as straight forward as the harley seat but it is worth the trouble.
It looks great and the riders restis amust itsso comfortable. [/blockquote]

Old 01-24-2008, 06:43 AM
soulfish
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mustang seat fiited

I'll be getting the Fatboy back from the shop in a few weeks, after a crash. Picked up a mustang solo w/rider backrest. Just wondered how the fender bib is attached? Goes it sit under the two pegs on the underside of the rear of the saddle? Here is a pic from a post that jetdrver put up. BTW, nice looking ride jtdrvr!

Old 01-24-2008, 08:09 AM
eagle56
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the single seat sits over the hand grab screws unlike your picture they will be hidden

Old 01-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Those seat mounting bolts will be hidden under the Mustang seat.
The Bib will mount with a Velcro patch in the front and the one screw in the back.

Like this "tail11" has in this picture:

Old 01-24-2008, 08:33 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered the fender bib from Mustang to compliment the stock Fat Boy seat. I was told it would fit on the 2 thumb screws (that hold the rear of the seat)... but,it was about 2 inches too short to go up under the stock seat andtheir mounting idea was to usevelcro and double stick tape and the rear screw. Mustang customer service refunded my money, including all the shipping expense. evidently, it doesn't fit an '08. I'm now running the stock seat from a Standard.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: aviator

I ordered the fender bib from Mustang to compliment the stock Fat Boy seat. I was told it would fit on the 2 thumb screws (that hold the rear of the seat)... but,it was about 2 inches too short to go up under the stock seat andtheir mounting idea was to usevelcro and double stick tape and the rear screw. Mustang customer service refunded my money, including all the shipping expense. evidently, it doesn't fit an '08. I'm now running the stock seat from a Standard.
You're right, the Mustang Fender Bib will not work on a stock Fat Boy seat.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:16 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I found that out.... but - I have an email from their customer service saying it would. that's why they paid for shipping, both ways. even though it didn't fit like it was advertised, I still like Mustang products.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:50 AM
soulfish
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Texas, thanks for the pic and info. I'm waiting for the bike to see if the Mustang seat puts me any more forward before I worry about pullback risers. I have a Firehouse rider backrest on the stock Fatboy seat, and still hadto stretch armsto reach the bars while leaned back. I saw your info a few months back saying the pullback risers don't require any cable changes. Also had to order bags yesterday since the dealer could not locate any 100th FLSTF bags anywhere in the country. That's probably good, the insurance is allowing $850 for new bags. I had to go with the dealer on the detatchable softail bags. (I know there are different opinions on here about bags and detatchable mounts). The bigger size bags should fit OK with the D&D Fatcat exhaust that's going on. I should have went with some deluxe aux lights but they already got the detatchable windshield delivered. I'll remember to put up a few pics when things are together and it's home. 5° here right now so it won't be anytime soon. Well, thanks for the help. Got to find some velcro next I guess.