Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SEII Baffle removal help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:57 AM
DaveGTR
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEII Baffle removal help.

First let me say thanks for a great site, and thanks to any and all of you that take time to respond to my post.

I bought an '02 Heritage Classic and was told it has Screamin' Eagle II's on it. Bike runs exceptionally well. The only problem I have is I prefer a louder bike. My '05 Fatboy has Pythons and sounds great, not too loud, not too quiet, great rumble. Anyway, my question is,
without having to buy new exhaust, what's my best option for sound without having to tune the engine. It appears to me that the existing baffle in the SEII's is welded. Am I incorrect on this? If not, does it also have the removal screw on the bottom? If it is welded, will a hole saw work? lol I saw a site that sells baffle inserts and claims to have a great sound, contacted them, told them my issues and they never even bothered getting back to me even though I was intent on buying their product, so any help would be appreciated.

I read in another post that there is a cat converter in one pipe and was very difficult to remove. IS this true? How would you get it out easily? Why would they put emissions on just one pipe?

I don't want one that is too loud, but I'd like to sound better than a Briggs and Stratton [:'(]

Thanks...

Keep your knees in the breeze

Dave

Old 01-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Iceman26
Cruiser
Default RE: SEII Baffle removal help.

Sorry, I can't help with the baffle removal but I can help with aftermarket baffles. I bought a set of BCT baffles for my SE double barrels. I called and talked to them, great customer service and advice. I would highly recommend them to you. I love the sound of my exhaust and have no complaints. Here is a link to their website of product fitments, they make an exact replacement for your exhaust:

http://www.bigcitythunder.com/pages/product-fit.html

Good luck,

Ice

Old 01-28-2008, 09:01 AM
jbt
Tourer

The SE II's I put on my Train have bolts. There are two per pipe, one on the bottom, and one facing the bike (hidden). I had to remove the pipes and use a punch, as the baffles were very tight. With some tapping, the slid right out the back. I put Thunder City baffles in, which were definitely louder, with a bit better performance. They do pop on deceleration, though.

Hope that helps!

Old 01-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Iceman26
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: jbt

The SE II's I put on my Train have bolts. There are two per pipe, one on the bottom, and one facing the bike (hidden). I had to remove the pipes and use a punch, as the baffles were very tight. With some tapping, the slid right out the back. I put Thunder City baffles in, which were definitely louder, with a bit better performance. They do pop on deceleration, though.

Hope that helps!
Yes, mine also pop on decel which means it needs a tune-up. Once the nicer weather gets here, I'm going to have a dyno tune-up and decel pop will be eliminated.

Ice