Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe Air Cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 02:31 PM
lilwilly
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe Air Cleaner?

I need suggestions on which hi-flow AC to go with. I'm considering the SE kit or the Arlen Ness Big Sucker. I want to get rid of the football cover and go with a round harley cover. I know the round HD cover fits the SE kit, but does it fit the Arlen Ness kit? Is one kit better than the other or are they about the same? Thanks for your help!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:41 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts
Default RE: Deluxe Air Cleaner?

Cycle World march issue has a good article on air breathers. It covered how much air flow you will get with the various after market breathers. The S$s tear drop shaped one was the highest. I did the stage I on my 07 FXSTC and was very pleased with the results.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:44 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

The round cover will fit the arlen ness stage one, but not the stage two. I went with the stage two on mine and the round filter is just too big and im starting not to like it. Might end up changing it out for a SE heavy breather

Old 02-03-2008, 05:32 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: lilwilly

I need suggestions on which hi-flow AC to go with. I'm considering the SE kit or the Arlen Ness Big Sucker. I want to get rid of the football cover and go with a round harley cover. I know the round HD cover fits the SE kit, but does it fit the Arlen Ness kit? Is one kit better than the other or are they about the same? Thanks for your help!

Old 02-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Suspended
Account Suspended

ORIGINAL: CNC WHEEL GUY

ORIGINAL: lilwilly

Sorry, that was me above...was signed on in hubby's screen name...but you can see the air cleaner on his bike too...

I went with the Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather on my deluxe as did my hubby CNC Wheel Guy. I put the rain sock on because the colors go well w/ my paint.