Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

assorted questions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:34 PM
hogryder
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default assorted questions?

Hey, Folks;
Been looking over various posts and wanto to know....What is SERT?...Parts for my '07 Deuce are sometimes hard to come by. Suggestions?.....For those of you in my immediate area(Lancaster, PA) Where can I find a GOOD chrome shop?....Lots more, but that should be enough for now. Thanx in advance for all responses. Keep the rubber side down!!

Old 02-11-2008, 01:38 PM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: assorted questions?

SERT: Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner

Old 02-11-2008, 02:48 PM
BoneCrusher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard. You may want to save up and make a trip to Highland HD in Somerset PA. Twice a year they have a 30% off sale on all and any genuine HD parts and accessories. The first one this year is in May I believe.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:05 PM
BuckeyeHD
Tourer

Make sure you do your homework before you pony up for a SERT. Not trying to sway you either way but they are very expensive, few people use more than 20% of their capabilities, and they are married to the bike once fitted (you can't take it off without major hassles and more cash and you can't put it on another bike without a moco reset which they will only do under extenuating circumstances). There are plenty of other fuel management options out there which is what most people are looking for.

ORIGINAL: hogryder

Hey, Folks;
Been looking over various posts and wanto to know....What is SERT?...Parts for my '07 Deuce are sometimes hard to come by. Suggestions?.....For those of you in my immediate area(Lancaster, PA) Where can I find a GOOD chrome shop?....Lots more, but that should be enough for now. Thanx in advance for all responses. Keep the rubber side down!!

Old 02-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Itsmedant
Banned

if you are going to do any motor work on you bike i would suggest the SERT. If you're jsut goign with some basic upgrade (pipes, A/C ect) a Power comander 3 would work for ya!

Old 02-12-2008, 10:01 PM
snap747
Advanced

www.chicagoharley.com has 20% off of parts and accessories, cheap shipping, no sales tax.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 PM
hogryder
6th Gear
Default RE: assorted questions? follow-up

Hey, thanks guys for the info. Wasn't really interested in the SERT, just wanted to know what it meant. Thinking of going with Samson BG3 Boloneys, V&H Fuel Pak or PCIII(undecided). No engine work planned right now. Looking for chrome lower belt guard for Deuce(tuff to find, even at dealer), new bars(suggestions?), raked tree, and decent priced chrome rear wheel.(like to have it w/o the raised ribs on the stock wheel). Have someone to machine it for me....that's why I'm looking for a local chrome shop. Thanks again for all help