Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Springer classic question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 03:48 PM
jss52174
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Springer classic question.

Can one of you smarter guys, which is pretty much everyone when compared to me, riddle me this?

On the front brake line of my 07 Springer Classic there is tubing bolted on to the forks. there is line down, then the tubing, then the line continues to the front brake. When anyone changed the bars on the front did anyone salvage and reuse the tubing? I kinda like it there, but Im afraid of leaks if I try to splice into it.

Did anyone reuse it or just chuck it?

Old 03-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Scurvy Jack
Tourer
Default RE: Another Springer classic question.

It's easier just to upgrade if you're going to a braided line. I would save the original just in case you have to go back to it...size/length. I upgraded to 16" bars with a stainless braided line, but sometimes I go back to beachbar style bars or my stock bars on long road trips. Then I just bolt back on the original line and off I go. Too lazy to go and buy another stainless line that's the right size I guess...

Old 03-17-2008, 07:47 AM
lvspringer
Cruiser

I just added a newer (and wider/longer) set of beach bars and even though the "book" says the stock length of hydraulic line running up to the brake lever will suffice - it's a real stretch. Apparently, the only longer MOCO option is a braided cable and I don't want one odd cable and I need everything in black. What kind of compression fittings are used and can I just get a longer length of hydraulic line and reattach?

Looking for solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:48 AM
roofer
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put chubby beach bars on mine and had to get new brake line but all other cables were long enough.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:12 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

ORIGINAL: lvspringer

I just added a newer (and wider/longer) set of beach bars and even though the "book" says the stock length of hydraulic line running up to the brake lever will suffice - it's a real stretch. Apparently, the only longer MOCO option is a braided cable and I don't want one odd cable and I need everything in black. What kind of compression fittings are used and can I just get a longer length of hydraulic line and reattach?

Looking for solutions.

Thanks in advance.
There are aftermarket sources for black cables...Personally I wouldn't mess with compression fittings.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:30 PM
AJAY
Stage II

Originally Posted by lvspringer

Looking for solutions.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Ivspringer

I see you've added beach bars to your bike. Considering doing the same. Harley has a 35" and their smaller beach bars don't fit the bike. What did you fit? Your help would be much appreciated.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Scurvy Jack
Tourer

AJAY, if you're running a springer the risers are wider so you have to find springer specific bars. Look at the aftermarket bars like Wild Ones 510's. I think they also carry the stock 1" size bars also.