Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

softail standard windshield

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:58 PM
JoeDirte
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default softail standard windshield

Hi guys just chaged my bars and controls relocated my turn signals, Im getting ready for a long ride to vegas this weekend and am looking to throw a windshield on any recommendations, having a tough time figuring out exactley what windshield and docking kit I need thinking of going with memphis shades, what do you guys think

[IMG]local://upfiles/50440/0D7BD92C23B6438AB1691FAC24DE7375.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-24-2008, 11:02 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: softail standard windshield

on my 2008 heritage,i went with the 15 inch memphas... bolts right on your frame for current shield.... cyclespot was cheapest .

Old 03-25-2008, 12:51 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joedirte...love that screen name! I have a standard with mini-apes and have been trying to get a good windshield setup for the past year. First I trieda HD detachable but didn't like it, too big, too much updraft, felt like I was ridin a bagger.

I was given a windvest with a 14" windshield and it made an incredible difference although I was still getting some buffeting on my face. I called windvest and they said my windshield was too short and that I needed a 16". I tried to go cheapbut cracked the 14" when Itried to drill holes to make it taller, ended up ordering the 16". Life is sweet now, I did a 200 mile test Sunday, no wind pounding on my chest, very little wind on my face, no problems with sunglasses leaking,arms and hands don't get tired pulling against the wind and best of all I can hear mypipes at 80MPH just like I am standing next to it. I have the clear windshieldand when I look at the bike I dont' even notice it anymore, it is not nearly as noticeable as the big shields with all the metal framework. They are a little spendy but well worth it in my opinion. I am seeinga lot of bikes with them now. I am going on a run to Phoenix next weekend andI am so glad Igot this windshield thing solved. Hope this helps, good luck.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:48 AM
JoeDirte
Intermediate

Thanks 06fxst sounds like you did the research for me I now know where to start, thanks bud

Old 03-25-2008, 08:17 AM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

Could you guys use a chrome engine kit? $400 shipped! I gotta get rid of it! Everything but the rockers, Fits TC88 00-06

Cam Cover, Trans top & bottom, primary, inspection cover, derby cover, horn cover & starter cover, PM If interested

Old 03-25-2008, 11:24 AM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior

ok joe first thing from bakersfied to vegas is not a long ride maybe a nice afternoon putt
as for windshield I would look at windvest only draw back is price have a nice little ride

[IMG]local://upfiles/5757/B8EDE4575E9E4F2CA19A22560E71AF2D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the Windvest on my bike. It's the 14" model. I have to say I also like the looks of it. I'm not a big fan of windshields, but the Windvest isn't bulky and it flows with the lines of the bike. It blends with the bike much better than any other windshield. Also, the design of the Windvest allows it to be smaller than other windshields. The lip at the top directs the wind right over your head. It allows just enough wind to blow across your body to let you still enjoy the feeling of being on a motorcycle, rather than in a car. I highly recommend it.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:29 PM
priceamp
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Live2Ride,
Do you experience any under the windshield helmet buffeting using the Windvest? Also, what size apes are you running on your custom?
Thanks,
Jack

Old 03-25-2008, 06:55 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Memphis Shades El Paso, You will love the lines and look of this on a fxst.........Total flow with the lines of the bike.............Key word El Paso [&:]

Old 03-26-2008, 03:47 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JoeDirte

Thanks 06fxst sounds like you did the research for me I now know where to start, thanks bud
No problem Joe, let us know what you go with.

Quick Reply: softail standard windshield