Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forward Controls

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 12:34 PM
HaydenHeywoodHayes
Club Member
Received 102 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Forward Controls

Hey, y'all! It's nearing 70 degrees here near Atlanta, GA, and I'm trying to finish up work so I can go ride a bit this afternoon.

Quick question...has anyone out there contemplated HD forward controls on a Deluxe (or other FL frame bike)? Has anyone done it? Opinion as to how they "fit" with a bike that came with footboards?

I am only 5'9" tall, with a 30" inseam, but the OEM seat still feels a little close for comfort, and the flat-footed, bent-knee posture isn't very comfortable for me (I know...should've bought a FX frame bike, but there isn't anything that caught my eye like the Deluxe and I love my motorcycle!). I have communicated with MeanCity Cycles and Americana Soft Seats, and one says they can move me down and back, but the other says only down as the seatpan design precludes any movement back. So I'm baffled as to whether or not send my seat off for what may be a waste of time and money when maybe this is the answer...

Anyway, comments" Thoughts? Thanks, y'all!!

Old 03-26-2008, 01:30 PM
jetwizard
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Forward Controls

FWDs will work. Seen it, like it.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:24 PM
brianp25
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

harley actually sells them now, im thinkin bout buying some
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 03-31-2008, 12:33 PM
LEE779
Stage I

Hi hayden i have removed floorboards on my 2000 softail classic replaced with fwd.controls from page 340 08 harley catalog BUT .I bought them half price on HD trader.com where you will see i posted 10 times 9 were mistakes. to obtain advice.harley called today the spacer arrived . harley makes specfic controls for the FL.but.i couldnt resist the good deal on hd trader they look mint! i will probably use the pegs off my floorboards ,i need the width. I hate floorboards! GOOD LUCK !! LEE

Old 03-31-2008, 01:17 PM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey there HaydenHeywoodHayes...

I just installed the HD Forward Controls on my '07 Fat Boy this past Saturday afternoon...and damn, I love them! I never thought a cruiser such as my FLSTF looked good with boards, but I didn't like any of theaftermarket Forward Control sets. The HD set is PERFECT! I did the work myself, it took about 3 hours. In addition to your controls, you need a set of foot pegs with matching toe shifter and brake pedal, some brake fluid, a couple of banjo bolt seals, a cotter pin, Blue Locktite and a little patience. The kit is perfect and went on without a hitch. Unbolt the old, bolt on the new, bleed the rear brake and go! I took the beast for 100+ miles Sunday and it makes a huge difference. My buddies I rode with (both Fat Boys) are now salivating to get their own kits.

I'll post a few pictures in the morning and let you take a look for yourself. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.

BTW...get them at Zanotti's for 249.55!

I hope this helps...

Steve

Old 03-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Apostle
Advanced

I'm on the other side of the house where I wish I had floorboards... Of course, they'd look like crap on my Deuce.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:48 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

<< have Accutronix forward controls on my 07 fatboy

Old 03-31-2008, 03:37 PM
dozer22
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

accutronix on my 05 eg classic.................

Old 03-31-2008, 04:06 PM
mojo76
Cruiser

i have the cross bones and was thinking of getting the new hd kit. does anyone know if the hd extended controls will work with the kit? i could use the extra leg room.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Biminitwist
Novice

Accutronix are the way to go fit and finish are great I have them on my 08 Fatboy.

Quick Reply: Forward Controls