Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My customezed X Bones now with Bags pics.MORE PICS NEW PICS 4/08

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 12:14 AM
dennysguns
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My customezed X Bones now with Bags pics.MORE PICS NEW PICS 4/08

Here are some pics of my new Cross Bones undergoing its transformation.

The 103" motor work is already done. What you are seeing now are some sheet metal changes, powder coated parts, turnsignal relocation on the front, front fender removed etc.

If you want I will post more as she comes along.

Well, here is where I am at right now.

The major work is done. I will finish setting up the Pro Leather bags tomorrow and take some pics with the bags in place.

The Tombstone will be as while as HD changed the stamping on the rear fender and it will be a while before we have an LED Tombatone.

I am gonna have to stare at it a while to decide what to do with the rear fender.

There will be a smoked LED laydown rear tail light added as soon as it comes in. I will run that for now.

She was lowered 2" in the rear end. With the sprung seat the ride is still great, best softtail ride ever and handling is spot on. I did drag the right floor board and will have to watch that.[8D]

A short Dyno run showed 105 HP out of the 103" today but as the motor is brand new we could not really pour the coals to her yet

Hopefully the pictures will show the little details of what was done so far.

I did some small stuff today.

I blacked out the axle nuts, swing arm bolts and the brake caliper centers. I also added some chrome caps to the allens on the primaru side but I didn't have enough to finish the bike.

I also reversed the mirrors and mounted them low to get rid the "jackhammer" look I was getting with the 14" mini apes. Easy swap, no drama and visability is fine with the factory stems.

Herre she is with the QD bags. The bags came from Leather Pros, in Neenah, WI. The leather, trim and the QD system are top notch. I couldn't be happier. They shipped the bags the day I ordered them. They don't mess around. The bags cost around a grand. I also ordered some easy access pockets for the front of each bag but don't have them mounted yet.

When the bags are not in place there are only 2 small studs left behind on the struts and you can pick pic themn up in some of the pics above. Attach and detach only take about 1 minute.

[IMG]http://globaltactical.com/

Old 03-30-2008, 08:24 AM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My Cross Bones under construction pics

Looking good

Old 03-30-2008, 08:25 AM
tnharley7
Road Captain

Looking real good. Yes keep the pictures flowing. There are a lot of XBones owners out here interested in how others are changing things. Jerry

Old 03-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Sarge4life
Road Captain

I like the rear fender. That's the one the bike should have had to begin with.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:07 AM
dennysguns
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Sarge4life

I like the rear fender. That's the one the bike should have had to begin with.
Sarge, I am looking at this fender as "raw material" at this point. It was the most cost effective wat to get rid of the ducktail.

I will have to see how the look of the scooter balances out once she is complete and ten decide to bob it or not. The bike may look out of balance with the full rear and no front fender.

She will be using a Thunderheader 2 into one low pipe in ceramic flat back.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Diavolo
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not digging the rear fender. You're right. Too much rear fender with either a little front fender or no front fender at all. It throws it out of whack. I say get a different fender or bob that one. Just my 2 cents.

If you want to get real old school, check out www.west-eagle.com. They have some cool parts there. One of them being an old school flat fender kit with struts for Softails. The kicker is that you need a sprung solo seat, but wait, you already have one. Perfect! The other kicker is that they only have it for 2000-2005 Softails right now, but a quick call might see if they have it for newer models yet...or just check into making this one work.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:19 PM
dennysguns
Intermediate

Here is a pic I found on this site. We are gonna chop the Fatboy fender to approximate this one and use the same tail light.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:49 PM
85FXWG
Outstanding HDF Member

A few more ideas............

Old 03-30-2008, 01:23 PM
MICHALISLARNACA
Cruiser

The rear fender is what should have been there in the first place

Old 03-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Diavolo
Banned

The tail light is called a "Sparto". Keep in mind that the typical Sparto does not have a license plate light which is illegal in most states. There is another Sparto out there, which I am putting on my bike that has a different lense. The lense sticks out more and has a license plate light built into it. Just a little FYI...

Also on my bike (1999 Fatboy)I got a Fatboy rear fender that had no license plate / tail light holes in it off of Ebay. I chopped it, but not as far as these other pics show, and am mounting a powdercoated black Sparto on it. My fender should hug closer to the tire because my bike is lowered.

Here's an artists (me) rendering of what it should look like when it's done...

Quick Reply: My customezed X Bones now with Bags pics.MORE PICS NEW PICS 4/08