Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security siren?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 11:22 PM
FATBOYUSA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security siren?

Has anyone put on the security system siren? Having mine done. I was wondering how you guys liked it.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:35 PM
forever 2 wheels
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Security siren?

Love it! Bump the bike and you get a warning. Arming and disarming give two chirps w/flashing lights. Hope you like yours.

[IMG]local://upfiles/46904/A1652428AFF14CA8BE37F3D7A57F9FD7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/46904/5D24C2198E094A94B0ABA3F97A970C4A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member

Received 208 Likes on 129 Posts

It's good. I have the pager II tho, and tried to set it to not chirp, to no avail. So the bike chirps, then the pager. But it lets ytou knoww that it is not going to be easy. I put my fob in my pcoket and it and the keys stay there all day. I don't worry with the pager. I'll at least get a shot off.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Hiflyer
Cruiser

I have the siren and the pager. It's a little easier leaving the bike out of sight knowing if someone messes with it they'll be dealing with the siren and I get a page. The pager went off once while I was in a drug store. I know the people who saw me running out the door assumed a biker just robbed the pharmacy. The bike was OK and I went back inside.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:08 AM
pwer pla
Tourer

STOP, go buy a $5 dollar siren from Radio shack and wire it your self, piece of cake. PM me and I'll walk you through it. Save you a bunch of $$

Old 04-12-2008, 02:54 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

dude same as above!!! $5 to do this mod!! i did mine with a crazy loud alarm... blistering loud... but then again i installed my alarm as well... but i did the $5 radio shack mod on about 8 bikes now... VERY easy! sounds great!

Old 04-12-2008, 04:05 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stretchman

I'll at least get a shot off.

hahahaha yes thats the truth

Old 04-12-2008, 08:27 AM
TxDeuce
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did mine with pager and its a pretty good piece of mind when I go inside the mall or at restauarant. If you're not doing pager probably would go with $5 radio shack fix

Old 04-12-2008, 09:28 AM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: TxDeuce

I did mine with pager and its a pretty good piece of mind when I go inside the mall or at restauarant. If you're not doing pager probably would go with $5 radio shack fix

yeah... me too. only reason i did the siren was cause i wanted the pager. i also like the extra peace of mind the pager offers not so much for antitheft, but for idiots that may want to try a seat on the bike. if i did not get the pager, i probably wouldnt even bother with the siren.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:11 PM
pwer pla
Tourer

Ok, I have had about 5 people contact me by pm for instructions on how to do this mod. Here is my explanation as best as I can all bikes are different and I did need a service manual to find the right wiring. Here goes, on my 07 WG I took off the seat and pulled the snarl of wiring out of the way under the seat (didn't disconnect anything), also disconnected battery and took off the battery box on right side of bike. I know this is different on a softail so you will have to improvise. After searching for a while I found a connector that was not plugged into anything and it had a brown/green/black wire on it. The siren connects to the brown and green wire if memory serves me right. Easy mod I will add a link to the post that I used for additional info it has the radio shack part number and other info. Also your wire colors might differ I found the wire colors in the back of my service manual in the schematic drawings, check there or post your questions someone will have the answer. Hope this helps prbably one off the best mods I have done. Cheap and adds some piece of mind.Good luck. Here is the link.. https://www.hdforums.com/m_820390/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Security siren?