Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know, I know...it's been beat like a rented mule...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Hayden50
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know, I know...it's been beat like a rented mule...

But I need to run it by the "experienced" one more time...I bought a Heritage Springer seat. I have the appropriate grab rail as I installed it on my '08 Deluxe seat...but the rail doesn't make the Deluxe seat any better (go figure!). So, after reading post after post about this seat on a Deluxe, I weakened and bought one on Sunday. But today I had second thoughts and called Chicago Harley and asked about it fitting on a Deluxe. He said it wasn't made for the 08 Deluxe, but that they have sold "dozens" and the buyers just bolted 'em on. Understand that I need instructions to drive a nail,, so "just bolting it on" doesn't seem like directions that give me comfort. If they mean install the grab rail and then bolt it on, that I can do...but if not, Man I am going to be lost.

In all the other posts I read, nowhere did I see where this seat (I ordered by the numbers posted in other Heritage Springer seat posts) fits on a 2008 Deluxe...so, I thought I would ask if anyone out there had ordered this older Heritage Springer seat, installed the Springer grab rail, and "just bolted it on" to their 2008 Deluxe like Eric the Internet guy said to do.

As a side note, Chicago HD was the cheapest, as they have been for everything I have bought so far...

Thanks, everyone, and again I apologize for running this topic through the thrasher one more time...and a good evening to one and all.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: I know, I know...it's been beat like a rented mule...

It will fit fine. Stop over thinking it and relax.

The reason the HS Grab Rail doesn't help too much on a stock Deluxe seat is that the stock Deluxe seat is bucketed and doesn't allow you to sit further back to feel the rail. I imagine you purchased the back pad for the rail as well?

Mike
NY

Old 04-22-2008, 06:41 AM
Hayden50
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I know, I know...it's been beat like a rented mule...

Thanks, Mike NY. It's the thought of me approaching a $20,000 motorcycle with a tool in my hand...worse than the chainsaw murder movies...anyway, I'll take it easy when it gets here. I tried to order the pads, but neither came up on Chicago or Zanotti's parts list...so I am guessing they are out of stock or no longer available...can't imagine the latter, but I'll keep trying. I'm doing this so I can get further back, and maybe even a little lower. I love the positioning of the Sundowner seat (when my wife rides with me we use that seat), but the stock Deluxe seat just doesn't do it. And though I fell in love with the look of you guys' with your springer seats and rails, and love the look even on the Deluxe seat, it's just not the "style" or position I enjoy riding in.

Thanks for the calming words...I will post a pic when it gets here and I get it on..unless, of course, the pic will compromise to God adn everybody my inability to even turn a simple screw!

Peace, and ride safe, my friend...