Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Softail Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.

P

Old 04-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Prospect
Default 2006 Night Train Swing Arm

Did any of you installed the stock swingarm that came with the 200mm tire on any other softail? Just need to know this because I plan to sell it after I install my 250 kit. Please let me know..Thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Senior Rider
Default RE: 2006 Night Train Swing Arm

I never tried it but may have someone willing to try it . I bought the stock denum blue set (tank and fenders ) that I was planning on putting custom paint on but never got around to doing . My friend was thinking of putting it on his 02 softail and he would need that swingarm and wheel . Would you sell anything else or just the swingarm ?
Old 04-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Banned

The '06-up 200 tire swingarms are the same width/size as the '05 and lower HD's...theonly difference is in the brake caliper mount (it sets the brake caliperfurther out to compensate for the wider rim/brake rotor)...the swingarm should fit the earlier softails ('99 and below I'm not sosure about)
Quote:
ORIGINAL: 06kustom

Did any of you installed the stock swingarm that came with the 200mm tire on any other softail? Just need to know this because I plan to sell it after I install my 250 kit. Please let me know..Thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Loud1

My friend was thinking of putting it on his 02 softail and he would need that swingarm and wheel . Would you sell anything else or just the swingarm ?
There's a little more to the 200 conversion than just the swingarm and wheel...your friend will need the1" pulley/drive belt setup from a '06 bike and will end upneeding to cut/re-locatethe strut mounts off his frame in order to fit a wider rear fender.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Prospect

Thanks FXSTI GUY,
So your saying that if someone wants to buy the swingarm they'll need to also get a brake caliper that fits 06-up models besides the 1" pulley.The 06 frameare slightly wider on the mounting holes. Do you need to any modificationon the belt sideof the trans and or need to offset anything else? If you have any more info it would be greatly appreciatated. Save the on the headaches.
THANKS..
Old 04-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Road Master

It fits, we put one onan older FXST from a 2006.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:56 PM

P

Tags
2004, 2005, 200mm, arm, kit, kits, night, older, put, rocker, softail, softails, swing, swingarm, train