Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1.5 days in the garage...brand new bike!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:13 PM
SGTGunner
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1.5 days in the garage...brand new bike!

Not quite, but it sure feels like it! I installed my 2" forward controle extentions, a 6 3/4" headlight, and painted a few parts on my 08 Night Train. It's hard to tell what mod I've done so far was the best bang for it's buck, but the control extentions are way up there. 2" is PERFECT for my 6'1" frame with the stock handle bars and La Perra Bare Bones w/gel. The install was a snap. Dirrections were as vague as could be, they might as well have just said "remove stock assembly, install bracket, re-install stock assembly". They sucked, but it's pretty easy to figure out what needs to be where.
The headlight was a snap too. I wanted something bigger up front but wasnt sure how a 7" light would fit, so I got a 6 3/4" one from Drag. It fits good and a 7" would have fit fine too. It gives the front end more of the look I want without sticking out like a sore thumb with the skinny forks. The plug-under-the-gas-tank thing kinda pissed me off, but I got it. I havent actually aimed it yet, just sat in the middle of the road and moved it till it looked right to my finely calibrated eye.
I also took the retention ring off my Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather and sanded the chrome then painted it flat black to off set things a little. Did the same to my side mount licence plate frame.
I had ordered a 8" T-bar from Drag also that I decided not to install. Once I removed the stock bars and bolted the new ones down for a test fit I just didnt like how they made me sit. To straight up and grandma-ish. I felt like the Wicked Witch on her bicycle, so I put the stock ones back on and like I said, with the 2" extention on the controls, it feels perfect for me. So if anybody would like a set of bars (dimpled and drilled) pm me and we'll talk.

Enough words.....lets see some freakin pics!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 12:16 PM
07 J/E FatBoy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1.5 days in the garage...brand new bike!

Nice Mustang... and oh; the bike is nice also!

Old 04-29-2008, 12:19 PM
wdg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking good

Old 04-29-2008, 12:19 PM
bogman
Cruiser

Matt black looks well, smashing bike, well wear SGTGunner

Old 04-29-2008, 12:22 PM
SGTGunner
Cruiser

Thanks a lot yall. Now if I could just get rid of that goofy fender for something that flows a lil better.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:25 PM
07 J/E FatBoy
Advanced

Check this out, the FB Fender looks nice and may be worth looking at:

https://www.hdforums.com/m_3272811/tm.htm

https://www.hdforums.com/albumphoto....=1&apage=1

Old 04-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Asphalt Cowboy
Advanced

Lookin' good and thanks for playin' in the "Sand Box" with me. Don't know how long it's been for you, but welcome home!

I hear ya about the fender, but if you plan to lower your train, I think it makes the bobtail flow a little better. It's your bike, just my 2cents.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:48 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

bike looks awsome....nice job

Old 04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
SGTGunner
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Asphalt Cowboy

Lookin' good and thanks for playin' in the "Sand Box" with me. Don't know how long it's been for you, but welcome home!

I hear ya about the fender, but if you plan to lower your train, I think it makes the bobtail flow a little better. It's your bike, just my 2cents.
Thanks a lot yall!This thing sure is a money pit..but money well spent in my opinion.
Yea I plan to lower. It does make the bob look a lot better, but I'm still thinking of doing like 07 J/E FatBoy said and use a fatboy fender with a little triming, or get a blank and make my own. I kinda like fenders that wrap around the tire a bit. Still not sure yet what exactly I want. Might just lower it first then try to decide. And thanks for the welcome home! Got back from my second trip 6 months and 19 days ago......but whose counting

Old 04-29-2008, 02:31 PM
fxst00
Tourer

Nice NT, I have been thinking about getting one. Look at the 200 conversion for the rear fender or the bobber kit from Hearland biker. They look great and one guy on here has what I think is the perfect set up. with a WCC front fender with the primmered black paint.

JC

South Austin

Quick Reply: 1.5 days in the garage...brand new bike!