Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield that works?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 05:29 PM
augiedog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield that works?

I hate to put a windshield on my night train, but for long distances it must be done. I just recently tried the 14 inch windvest and was really disappointed! It really did a whole lot of nothing. It did take the air off the face, but just seemed to swirl the air more than anything.I tried tilting it numerous angles but to no satisfaction. I would like to find a detachable windshield that is some what effective. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Augie.

[IMG]local://upfiles/53690/11411FA628F343AE80B14B8B35300074.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Apostle
Advanced
Default RE: Windshield that works?

Not sure about the windshield, but that's a fine looking train!

Old 05-03-2008, 06:28 PM
trojan51
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend just getting the full windshild that Harley makes and have it quick release. It isnt attractive on the Train but then again no windshield is. If your only going to have it on, on long rides then who cares if its ugly

Old 05-03-2008, 07:33 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Memphis Shades .............El Paso Looks great, Works Great. You can get one that is clear and 3/4 of the way down from the top it goes to black, Would look great on your train

Old 05-03-2008, 10:16 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just IMHO, but I've always said putting a windshield on a Night Train is like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa...and I've never found the need for one regardless of the miles or distance...[8D]

Old 05-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Ca.Fatlad
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to check out National Cycle products, I just ordered a switchblade shorty for my Fat Boy. I do not like windshields on Fat Boy,[sm=boosign.gif].....HIGHWAY USE ONLY.......

[IMG]local://upfiles/56646/C1E7E5F96DFA4D469F829230EE27ECD5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-03-2008, 10:44 PM
f ecstasy
Cruiser

hd 7585...what kinda pipes are those?

Old 05-04-2008, 01:17 AM
LuckyBob
Advanced

ORIGINAL: *NIGHT TRAIN*

Just IMHO, but I've always said putting a windshield on a Night Train is like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa...and I've never found the need for one regardless of the miles or distance...[8D]
I have to agree - if you want a windshield, buy a car. they look like a shoe on a turkey on a train - I know I will get flamed for this but isn't the whole point of a motorcycle to be in the wind, not hiding behind a windshield and faring? If you want to ride while you're having a smoke and drinking your latte, maybe a bike isn't for you. Flame on......

Old 05-04-2008, 05:25 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: LuckyBob

ORIGINAL: *NIGHT TRAIN*

I have to agree - if you want a windshield, buy a car. they look like a shoe on a turkey on a train - I know I will get flamed for this but isn't the whole point of a motorcycle to be in the wind, not hiding behind a windshield and faring? If you want to ride while you're having a smoke and drinking your latte, maybe a bike isn't for you. Flame on......

Oh now calm down Ralphie . Nuttin wrong wiith a windshield for long rides. Most riding i leave mine off tho . Ralphie, who is that flamer ? lmao. [sm=escape.gif]

Old 05-04-2008, 05:36 AM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

try a fullface helmet or goggles. Took my windshield off about a year and a half ago. Ain't nothing like a 70mph beetle on the tip of the nose

Quick Reply: Windshield that works?