Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY Cheap Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice !

Old 06-21-2015, 10:54 PM
kinect
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 5-buck upgrade

So I have a 2015 fatboy and added a few things to it. Me and my friends noticed that my truck-lite headlight is barely noticeable/visible during daytime even when my HD custom auxillary light is ON. My Aux lights have cree led in it and my turn signals are dynamic ringz from custom dynamics. This is one of the reasons why I don't want to upgrade YET my auxillary lights with truck-lite 4.5" spots. But im thinking maybe the daymaker 4.5" spot lamps will do better. (in black so that I have the smoked-them for all my lights.

With stock HD halogens:
Name:  Screenshot_2015-03-11-22-32-02_zpsl6uasqch.png
Views: 1011
Size:  1.11 MB

With Truck-lite 27270C led headlights:
Name:  20150619_120022_zps7v94vt3h.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  355.8 KB

I then a added a 24" 30leds sideshine led strips from ebay that cost me 10 bucks for a pair.
Name:  20150619_120037_zpstypnr4wg.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  364.1 KB

I already have the frenched trim ring that is why I don't want to buy the 80+ dollars kuryakyn trim ring to at least add daytime visibility. I tried the ebay led strips first so that if I feel that it is tacky then I can just easily remove it and will not lose money that much. I tapped and soldered them on the truck-lites which are fortunately labeled as to where the ground and low-beam wires are. I think I just might have to keep them for awhile.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:07 PM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer

Originally Posted by kinect
So I have a 2015 fatboy and added a few things to it. Me and my friends noticed that my truck-lite headlight is barely noticeable/visible during daytime even when my HD custom auxillary light is ON. My Aux lights have cree led in it and my turn signals are dynamic ringz from custom dynamics. This is one of the reasons why I don't want to upgrade YET my auxillary lights with truck-lite 4.5" spots. But im thinking maybe the daymaker 4.5" spot lamps will do better. (in black so that I have the smoked-them for all my lights. With stock HD halogens: With Truck-lite 27270C led headlights: I then a added a 24" 30leds sideshine led strips from ebay that cost me 10 bucks for a pair. I already have the frenched trim ring that is why I don't want to buy the 80+ dollars kuryakyn trim ring to at least add daytime visibility. I tried the ebay led strips first so that if I feel that it is tacky then I can just easily remove it and will not lose money that much. I tapped and soldered them on the truck-lites which are fortunately labeled as to where the ground and low-beam wires are. I think I just might have to keep them for awhile.

Nice! and welcome to the HD forum. !

Old 07-11-2015, 10:31 PM
peterjamesbenson
Advanced

Originally Posted by TenMidgets
Another garage door opener Mod

Used Part number2106-0151 from NAMZ Custom cycle Products

This is the water proof momentary switch used on Road Kings for OD switching
Pre wired keychain garage door opener with tails
Drilled hole in Console near gas tank

Attached momentary switch used caps to twist wires together (to make battery changes easier)

Used Mastic tape to attach opener case to front of inside f console

DONE

Doing this but on my helmet

The following users liked this post:
JesseLee07 (12-31-2016)
Old 07-12-2015, 07:47 AM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer

Originally Posted by peterjamesbenson
Doing this but on my helmet

Great idea and work! Harley should offer this option fix-my-hog" impaired ...

Old 07-12-2015, 10:05 PM
mo cajun
Road Captain
Received 134 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh5150mf
So I was toying around with some different options for my air cleaner cover and I came across a pretty cool idea to just remove the cover and use a CD as an insert. Being a big Van Halen fan, I decided to search for the appropriate design to compliment my '06 Deluxe. Cost was about $.05.

I painted the nut black to match the design.

thanks great idea, took a old cd and painted it black for the softail

Old 07-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Ecko_raven
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know how to hide brake module under a mustang seat

was thinking bout removing section on rear fender where flasher and stuff is located to fit badlands and brake xp module cant sit it under seat because seat sits on it with mustang tour seat. Heard people using ecm trays but I have a 1996 springer and no tray for that any DIY for this issue or hiding stuff under seats

Old 09-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by bikersurgeon
Well after a few years of off and on tinkering, and a few different iterations, got my willie G fender finished....now I'm not sure I like it LOL. The good thing is-7 bolts and an hour of time and it's back to original.

sorry but I don't like it either. go back to the original

Old 10-22-2015, 07:10 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by bikersurgeon
The obverse

you gotta like what you like, but the back half of that bike looks awfull. JMO. go back to stock

Old 10-28-2015, 08:43 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For my 2" tank lift, I took a metal shelf bracket, cut it, and ground it to "Tombstone" shape with my angle grinder, drilled two holes in each 2" apart. Bought two bolts, two nylon lock nuts, and a bag of washers. Simple install. Remove original front tank bolt, lift tank, install lift brackets and bolts with lock nuts in the tank, use original bolt and nut for the bottom. Stacked the washers 1" high and added superglue. Used that for the rear lift.

less than 20.00 invested. Beats the hell out of 50-70.00 from ebay.

Quick Reply: DIY Cheap Mods