Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wind buffering

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:34 PM
phippsj
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wind buffering

I recently purchased an 08 Heritage Softail. This is my second bike but first with a windshield. When I reach highway speed my head is buffering or vibrating in side my full face helmet. Wearing a du rag helps but still there. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I have the OEM windshield on now. I have tried a shorter windshield but it is worst. Wondering if different style helmet would work? My current helmet is 2 years old.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:42 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: wind buffering

I don't ride with a windshield, don't like them...and I've never been on a bike that had one that the bike didn't get buffeted and knocked around by the wind, and wore me out...

Old 05-15-2008, 09:00 PM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I had the same problem. I installed a fork bag and it took care of most of it.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:14 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your windshield is probably not at the right height for you.. Top of windshield should be at about nose level so you actually look over the shield.. Another problem is the wind turbulence coming from under the shield up into your face.. I recently bought a vest from Jacks flaps.. Wonderful product.. Im finally happy windwise..

Old 05-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Had a 99 Heritage and the wind buffeting was at times annoying. Got the 07 and one of the first things I added were the lower chromewind deflectors. They take away 98% of the buffeting. $65 well spent. My son added them to his Wide Glide windshield and he says it's like riding in a pocket.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:09 PM
ggreenetx
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen to adding the lowers. They will eliminate most of the buffeting, especially in the head and chest area.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: Other Sheep

Had a 99 Heritage and the wind buffeting was at times annoying. Got the 07 and one of the first things I added were the lower chromewind deflectors. They take away 98% of the buffeting. $65 well spent. My son added them to his Wide Glide windshield and he says it's like riding in a pocket.
What this guy said, they work great.
I've had them on the 20 1/2" and 17" windshield and they worked great on either size.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Korbenw7p3c
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Which lowers exactly are we talking about that the son installed on his W/G??? I'd like to have them on my Softail Custom. What brand and by chance do you have a part number??? This is exactly what I NEED!!!

ORIGINAL: Other Sheep

Old 05-16-2008, 09:11 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah this repost of a repost of a repost etc is still read because everyone is waiting for the same answer which never seems to come. I would like something for lowers detachable on the Deuce.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:44 AM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

58125-90B

Fits '86-later FLSTC, FLST, FLSTF and '93-'96 FLSTN models equipped with Harley-Davidson® King-Size Windshield and/or Passing Lamp Kits. (Designed to also fit with accessory 5-gallon Fat Bob™ gas tanks.) (Does not fit FLSTS or FLSTSC.)

Quick Reply: wind buffering