Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NON-nostalgic solo seat options for 08 deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:20 PM
creb
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NON-nostalgic solo seat options for 08 deluxe

Lots of threads about the springer seats, woven seats, seats with bars... Very few about seats with that sleak show bike look (but still comfortable). That's what i'm after... Is this a pipe dream?

I've seen some le pera solos, corbin young guns, gunfighters, but not much else. Any danny grays work?I want it to still be confortable. (Also, I'm thinking these were made for 07 fatboys?)

I'm also not content with leaving the 3 holes exposed in the fender (or a fender bib) so i'm biased toward super thin, impractical rear pillion pads. some lower back support would be nice too.

So, is that it? Only those couple options? It seems like everythingI look at says "Except FLSTN"!

Old 06-03-2008, 08:44 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer
Default RE: NON-nostalgic solo seat options for 08 deluxe

creb,

I know what you are looking for, but I'm fairly sure any seat for a 00' to 07' narrow rear wheel (not 200mm or Deuce) softail will work. I think the whole "not for FLSTN" thing, is because of the rear fender rack on a stock bike. Lose the rack., and have at it! Good luck! BTW, you will have to remove the two "new style" fender studs, and mount most seats the old way. Unplug the oldstyle mounting points on each side of the frame, andget some chrome mounting bolts. This should open up a world of seats for you to choose from.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:51 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer

Sorry, I just read that you have an 08'. I believe they stopped putting the old style side mounting points on the softails starting in 08'. What I posted would work for all Deluxes up to 07'. Sorry!

Old 06-03-2008, 09:29 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I just got a Danny Gray solo. Almost as low as my barebones but way more comfortable

Old 06-03-2008, 09:58 PM
RetroHarley
Tourer

ORIGINAL: creb

Lots of threads about the springer seats, woven seats, seats with bars... Very few about seats with that sleak show bike look (but still comfortable). That's what i'm after... Is this a pipe dream?

I've seen some le pera solos, corbin young guns, gunfighters, but not much else. Any danny grays work?I want it to still be confortable. (Also, I'm thinking these were made for 07 fatboys?)

I'm also not content with leaving the 3 holes exposed in the fender (or a fender bib) so i'm biased toward super thin, impractical rear pillion pads. some lower back support would be nice too.

So, is that it? Only those couple options? It seems like everythingI look at says "Except FLSTN"!
22,000 miles later I would not trade this seat for anything else. It is a Young Guns!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:02 AM
lwszabo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C&C seats!!!!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:05 AM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

The problem with our 08's is thatHarley changed out a few things from the 07's and the seat people haven't caught up yet. I was told C&C has, but not sure if they have updated the site yet. La Pera told me it wouldn't be until Jul/ Aug before they had something (I'm looking for a Bare Bones). Go figure.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:44 PM
creb
Advanced

RetroHarley - That's exactly the look im going for, and i'd go for it, but im worried it wont fit since i have an 08 like tripwire says. I think i'll just give them a call to confirm.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Pork-Chop
Road Master

creb,
I was on the same boat as you bro.... I had to go down to Corbin and had them make me a custom seat....just like the one on retroharlys bike, came out beautiful..... I will be selling it soon cause I am doing a custom springer seat..pm me if you are interested

ORIGINAL: creb

RetroHarley - That's exactly the look im going for, and i'd go for it, but im worried it wont fit since i have an 08 like tripwire says. I think i'll just give them a call to confirm.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:42 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: creb&lt\\;br&gt\\;&lt\\;br&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&lt\ \;br&gt\\;Lots of threads about the springer seats, woven seats, seats with bars... Very few about seats with that sleak show bike look (but still comfortable). That’s what i’m after... Is this a pipe dream?&lt\\;br&gt\\;&lt\\;br&gt\\;I’ve seen some le pera solos, corbin young guns, gunfighters, but not much else. Any danny grays work?&amp\\;nbsp\\;I want it to still be confortable. (Also, I’m thinking these were made for 07 fatboys?)&lt\\;br&gt\\;&lt\\;br&gt\\;I’m also not content with leaving the 3 holes exposed in the fender (or a fender bib) so i’m biased toward super thin, impractical rear pillion pads. some lower back support would be nice too.&lt\\;br&gt\\;&lt\\;br&gt\\;So, is that it? Only those couple options? It seems like everything&amp\\;nbsp\\;I look at says &quot\\;Except FLSTN&quot\\;!&lt\\;br&gt\\;
&lt\\;br&gt\\;&lt\\;br&gt\\;I have a badlander from an ’04 night train on my ’05 deluxe.&amp\\;nbsp\\; You should be able to put a softail seat on as long as you remove the luggage rack and bolts for the passenger pillion.&lt\\;br&gt\\;&lt\\;br&gt\\;-Denis&lt\\;br&gt\\;

Quick Reply: NON-nostalgic solo seat options for 08 deluxe