Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach to try and end Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:00 PM
reh13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Myrtle Beach to try and end Bike Week

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/new...ry/490437.html

Old 06-20-2008, 08:14 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Myrtle Beach to try and end Bike Week

If they want to take millions out of there economy when our country's economy is already in the toilet so be it.&nbsp\\; It sucks for the local businesses who support the rallies.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:29 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am sure there are other cities that would love us.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:29 PM
dphillips1220
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know how many of ya'll have come to bike week here in MB but I'm sure there have been quite a few, and if anyone has ever come to the North end of the beach, I'm sure that they have heard of the bar that I manage called the "The DogHouse North."&nbsp\\; I just want ya'll to know that I, personally, am doing everything within my power to keep providing vendors, stunt shows, wet T-shirt contests, live bands and lots and lots of Harleys during bike week.&nbsp\\; We love those 10 days in the spring and 5 days in the fall.&nbsp\\; Let me know if ya'll have been down to the bar, and how many plan on coming back to Myrtle for the fall rally.
&nbsp\\;
Dustin

Old 06-21-2008, 06:16 PM
JimiB
Advanced

The last time I was there was about ten years ago and I had a blast.&nbsp\\; I have friends of mine that make it a point to go every year.&nbsp\\; What I heard from the different shop owners when I was there was that they loved having the Harleys there during bike week.&nbsp\\; They however were not thrilled with the week following the first bike week in May.&nbsp\\; Apparently&nbsp\\;this week in May following the Harleys was predominately a croch rocket fest and from what the residents told me, the whole town was like a wild west show.&nbsp\\; Anybody else know of this?&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;

Old 06-21-2008, 06:21 PM
dphillips1220
Cruiser

It is all crotch rockets, and not a lot of people are fond of that particular week.&nbsp\\; I have heard of of many problems that week, but&nbsp\\;we have just been fortunate enough not to have too&nbsp\\;many.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:40 PM
keithab
Advanced

The week after Bike Week used to be called "Black Bike Week". I have no idea what they are calling it now. They tried to go to a more politically correct name for it like that was derogatory. Sheesh!
&nbsp\\;
The politicians in MB have their head up their *****. It is possible that they want to only get rid of the crotch rocket fest but they cannot do this without seeming discriminatory. It's all about political correctness these days.
&nbsp\\;
They will be taking millions away from their economy and a lot of business owners that depend on those few weeks will perish. It's too bad.
&nbsp\\;
Keith

Old 06-21-2008, 06:44 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dphillips1220

I don't know how many of ya'll have come to bike week here in MB but I'm sure there have been quite a few, and if anyone has ever come to the North end of the beach, I'm sure that they have heard of the bar that I manage called the "The DogHouse North."&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I just want ya'll to know that I, personally, am doing everything within my power to keep providing vendors, stunt shows, wet T-shirt contests, live bands and lots and lots of Harleys during bike week.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; We love those 10 days in the spring and 5 days in the fall.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Let me know if ya'll have been down to the bar, and how many plan on coming back to Myrtle for the fall rally.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Dustin
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
{{{{{APPLAUSE!!!! }}}}}

Old 06-23-2008, 11:48 AM
fatfxst
Novice

Charlston would take us in a heartbeat!

Old 06-23-2008, 12:21 PM
POKJWS
Cruiser

Doghouse is one of our favorite stops during bike week.&nbsp\\; We always have a good time there.&nbsp\\; We come down from NY every year.&nbsp\\; We are planning to go to MB this fall, hope the rally is still on.....but, we still are going, either way..&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach to try and end Bike Week