Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

near miss

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 02:18 PM
flyburch
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts
Default near miss

riding in a group of 11 bikes today i was number 3 with my wife on the back of my bike .&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; we were going about 40 when a truck going the opposite direction with a buch of tubers on the back&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; ( they go down a river near my house on truck tire tubes) let go of thier truck tire tube it bounced once whent behind lead then bounced right in front of me i hit a corner of it then it went right under my wifes foot then flew to the side everyone else missed it.
i know it was an accident but when people dont have stuf tied down correctly&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; bad things happen..&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\ \\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; this happened so fast that really wasnt time to react and i didnt do something drastic its good to know that when sh t hit the fan i was able to handle it properly.. always thought id hit a deer not a truck tire tube

Old 06-21-2008, 03:05 PM
07deluxe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: near miss

That means you have eight more lifes left!

Old 06-21-2008, 03:08 PM
flyburch
Road Master

lol yep dont take long to go thru them though

Old 06-21-2008, 03:15 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My friend decided to put on the windshield and ride in the afternoon. I tell him i ride all the time with mine. he does not like the look on his Screamin eagle. Just happens a truck dropped a 2x4 and it bounced up and hit the windshield and cracked it. That could have been his face. he rides with one all the time now.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:32 PM
flyburch
Road Master

people just dont realize that not securing stuff can be deadly&nbsp\\;

Old 06-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Hrd Rider
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad you and your wife are safe.&nbsp\\; Things like that should not happen.&nbsp\\; One similar situation that scares me is to come up in back of a Beverly Hillbillys pickup truck&nbsp\\;loaded with trash, brush, or junk furniture, none of which is tied down.&nbsp\\; Another one that puts the fear of God in&nbsp\\;me is these Rooftop Carriers, I've seen them come off if not properly secured, also I've seen the side compartment door come open and spread clothing for a mile.&nbsp\\;No need to say I give them wide berth and or back off as fast as I can.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:08 PM
nyharleydave
6th Gear

Flyburch - The wife and I were riding on Interstate 87 last summer (only her 2nd year out on her own 2-wheels), when I changed lanes and she followed we were behind a pickup truck as well when all of the sudden a empty 5-gallon drywall mud bucket came flying out!&nbsp\\; Missed me completly and just caught her right right on the Sporty.&nbsp\\; Luckily she maintained the line, braking to the left lane staying with me.&nbsp\\; No mishap - though I think she had to change her panties... (not really - she did just fine).
&nbsp\\;
Glad to hear you and your wife are fine brother -
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-21-2008, 05:28 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Glad your OK.
&nbsp\\;
I saw a guy last night with a load of firewood in the back of&nbsp\\;a Ram pickup. Piled up above the sides and not a tie or net in sight.
I was in my car. I thought about saying something to him, but didnt. I sure wouldnt follow the guy.
MikeM
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Asylumcycle
Cruiser

everyone is in to big of a hurry these days to take time to tie crap down. just like following a gravel or sand truck and you can see the crap coming out and they have a nice cover up there, but its still rolled up because they were in a hurry to leave. crap sure hurts the face,&nbsp\\;good thing I aint a pretty boy.lol

Old 06-21-2008, 10:17 PM
flyburch
Road Master

h
ORIGINAL: Asylumcycle

everyone is in to big of a hurry these days to take time to tie crap down. just like following a gravel or sand truck and you can see the crap coming out and they have a nice cover up there, but its still rolled up because they were in a hurry to leave. crap sure hurts the face,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;good thing I aint a pretty boy.lol
hey like your bike

Quick Reply: near miss