Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Army is holding me back from getting a new bike.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM
wtf6316
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Army is holding me back from getting a new bike.

Just want to vent a little. Im in the National Guard and I got back from Iraq in late May and then went right to an Army school WLC. I got home, *** on couch June 10th. Im on paid termilan leave till July 30th. Well I havent been paid since June 1st. Called pay and finance agin.I called on June 15th when I got no money. And would you know it my pay is screwed up and know one can seem to know how to fix it. They say they are working on it. O ok Thats $3500 thye owe me. And We get travel pay for the whole year we are gone. Mine will be about $1500. I turned that in when I got back. Called to check on that. Well no record. So I have to do another one. Wich moght take a month to pay. I go back to Recruiting orders on Aug 11th and will be working in an armory 20 miles from the house. So the bike will be for the comute and I just want another one damn it. It will cost the same for a bike, gas and ins as it would driving my Chevy HD crew cab 4x4 to work. Its paid for luckily. So I just get on here and get ideas on what bike to get and what to do to it. Still undesided. Cross Bones, Nigh Train or Street Bob. I like the Dark Side. Its been 3 years since I had to sell my custom Bad Boy and its killing me not riding.&nbsp\\; I figured I would have my money by now and be riding. But now it looks like mod Aug till they might get my pay fixed. I love the military but come on no one sems to know whos job it is to fix this. Some where some one hit the wrong key and I dont get paid. Lucky me. So Ill just be posting and trying to help out with the knowledge I have from stuff from the past. Just no pics of a new bike any time soon. But when I do I will be tearing the thing apart like I always do to make it my own. Thanks to all who have helped me and re posted to my posts. This is a great Forum and has many great people on here.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts
Default RE: Army is holding me back from getting a new bike.

Dude go to the bank, if you have a job and the guard should be no problem. Then pay it off when the pencil pushers get it fixed. I'd be looking for a Badboy again if I were you. I've seen them from $7500-12,000, most around the $8-9,000 range. Killer bike and they are limited run and will hold there value if you don't beat it or customize the Badboy out of it.
Bikes are at an all time low, get to looking.

P.S. Thanks for your service!

Old 07-09-2008, 08:42 PM
slapps
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try the bank like Harley_Dude said. They should finance and then when you do finally get the cash, put down a good chunk of change and refinance to get your monthly payments lowered.
&nbsp\\;
Typical Army. Let your chain of command know that they are not pulling through for you. After all it is their job...
&nbsp\\;
Good luck.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:56 PM
wtf6316
Road Master

Im going to call the bank. I think they can only do 48 months so payment will be a little high to start out with.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:08 PM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

WTF,
&nbsp\\;
You gota love DFAS. Dude I have been waiting on $100K bonus for 4 months, but I'm told 1 Aug. I would go to S-1 and bug them, then call DFAS and adjust fire. If you are looking at banks, try USAA. Good luck...you'll need it.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:12 PM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

One more thing...When the Army wants it's money they take it in a flash, but when they owe you money it can take them forever as you see.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:16 PM
wtf6316
Road Master

O yea they lost some orders for two weeks and took my pay. I had to find them and go to the IG in Iraq after pay wouldnt help me in Mississippi while I mobed up. Took 3 months to get it back.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:37 PM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer

Sorry about the troubles, the Army never changes.
&nbsp\\;
I was in the 1st Gulf war, regular army,&nbsp\\;and got a letter stating that I owed money since I left the Gaurd a year before without going regular.
&nbsp\\;
The letter had my rank, address and unit on it!&nbsp\\; Still took six months to fix.
&nbsp\\;
Then when I left active duty it came back up and it took a US Senator's office to fix.
&nbsp\\;
Keep copies of all your paperwork and get your chain of command involved ASAP
&nbsp\\;
Mike
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Barberg
Cruiser

Sounds like your S1 section has some issues.&nbsp\\; I work in Arkansas&nbsp\\; Guard 142 Fires Brigade and have no authority in another State. Have you talked to your commander about this? HMMMM wonder why we work so hard on retention and question why we lose soldiers???? Yep not taking care of them just might be it. Ya Think?????

Old 07-10-2008, 04:59 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm... seems like a lot has not changed since the late sixtys...[8D]
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Well except for the pay rate...
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Charlie D.

Quick Reply: Army is holding me back from getting a new bike.