Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchase Question (Below MSRP)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:47 PM
dobeman21
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchase Question (Below MSRP)?

I will be purchasing a softail deluxe in the near future and was wondering if I should expect to pay full MSRP, or can I expect to negotiate the price?&nbsp\\; I stopped at my local HD dealer and he stated that they never sell below MSRP.&nbsp\\; Was he just telling me this, or is this legit?&nbsp\\; Thanks for any info.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
kjmorgan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Purchase Question (Below MSRP)?

Depends on where you live, supply/demand, your astrological sign, etc. If you fall in love with a particular bike and the dealer gets a sniff of the situation, you WILL be paying full MSRP. At least get a discount on parts/accessories purchased with the bike, first service free, and anything else you can think of.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:18 PM
daxxer
Banned

I bought my 2000 Heritage from the orig owner but have been looking at new HD's at a couple local dealers.&nbsp\\; Both places hesitantly said they might have a $1000 room off MSRP when I pressed ... hope this helps!

Old 07-10-2008, 10:18 PM
flyburch
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts

+1 dont pay more than msrp but dont act like you cant live without it.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:41 PM
azfathog17
Cruiser

Everything is negotiable, even Harley's.&nbsp\\; If the dealer says MSRP plus fees only, find another dealer.&nbsp\\; Also if you are financing and your credit is good they can knock down the interest rate.&nbsp\\; Again if the dealer is not willing to negotiate, then shop around.&nbsp\\; You are in control, especially in this market.&nbsp\\; If they know you are serious, they should work with you from my experience.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:07 PM
drummer3278
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: azfathog17

Everything is negotiable, even Harley's.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; If the dealer says MSRP plus fees only, find another dealer.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Also if you are financing and your credit is good they can knock down the interest rate.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Again if the dealer is not willing to negotiate, then shop around.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; You are in control, especially in this market.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; If they know you are serious, they should work with you from my experience.
&nbsp\\;
Hey azfathog17, you have good taste!&nbsp\\; I worked 4 dealers off each other to get over $1500 off&nbsp\\; MSRP and a bunch of free stuff.&nbsp\\; Of course it was in winter time too.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-11-2008, 08:49 AM
OD33
6th Gear

I agree it depends on your area but do your homework with 3 dealers minimum and you should get a deal. Make sure you tell them your shopping around for the best price. If they don't have the color you want don't hesitate in asking to locate one and what that will do to the deal.
At one point I had my local dealer down too $1,500 off MSRP and waving freight and prep costs on a Crimson Red Street Glide. I just loved the Deluxe so I settled on the best deal I could get for that which was $1,000 off MSRP at a dealer that was 97 miles from home.
Keep in mind the 09's will be in showrooms soon and I'm sure the deals on the 08's will be even better by August.
Good luck in your search and great choice in bikes. You won't be dissappointed!
Charlie

Old 07-11-2008, 09:42 PM
tnharley7
Road Captain

I noticed my dealer tonight in East TN had all the '07s reduced to $500 below MSRP and no setup or delivery fees.&nbsp\\; Did not apply however to the Rocker, XBones, or SE.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:43 PM
tnharley7
Road Captain

OOPS, '08's not '07s.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:54 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,
&nbsp\\;
With the economy the way it is, dealers are hurting right now. You're in the driver's seat on this one. Definitely shop around. I ended up buying mine 41 miles from home as they beat the deal of 2 other dealers closer. I didn't pay MSRP and I negotiated the drag bars and cables installed as well as part of that price below MSRP. I still get mine serviced at the dealer 6 miles from home, but in this case didn't buy the bike from them.

Quick Reply: Purchase Question (Below MSRP)?