Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Covering your bike in the elements

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:50 PM
azfathog17
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Covering your bike in the elements

I have not seen any threads on this so I thought I would share this info.

I take mine to work a few times a week. The motorcycle parking area has little to no shade. So I want to protect mine from the AZ sun and purchased a Nelson-Riggs 902 Deluxe Cover direct from the factory, online. It offers UV protection which is all I really care about. It is pretty light and has a soft liner for the windshield and heat shields for the exhaust. I learned I needed an XX Large. It fits pretty well covering everything down to the tires. The soft liner part does not line up perfectly with the windshield but the material in general seems to be pretty soft so I am not to worried about it. I typically wait about an hour before I cover it to let the pipes cool down. It does get pretty hot under the cover, about 20 - 30 degrees hotter than the ambient air temp. Probably similar to a tent exposed to the sun, or the inside of a car. I tested this with a thermometer for grins and it read 140 when the air temp was 110. Yes it gets hot here.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:55 AM
thundergod
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have one and sometimes use it. my night train is sitting outside in the rain right now. here in florida we get the heat and alot of rain. 30% of the time i use it. try to let the pipes cool down and then put it on but it always seems to start raining before i get to it. i figure my bike gets washed almost daily so i never have to wash it just ride.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:07 AM
White-Trash
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a cover I bought to cover the bike up in the garage during the winter. I can never bring myself to use it though. I can't see the bike.