Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which exaust would be best

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 04:14 PM
bubbaC
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which exaust would be best

Have a 06 springer softail, have screaming eagle exaust on it now. Looking to change. trying to decide between v&h big radius or the v&h 2 into 1. which do you thing would be better for performance, sound, and of course looks. also should i go to a different air cleaner

Old 08-24-2008, 04:28 PM
sickwithit
Road Captain

go with a v&h pro pipe. they look good and sound good. and you will get better performance out of a 2 into 1. And if you are looking for performance you should change the air cleaner. I like the forcewinder. that is what i have on my bike. But if you change both you will have to remap the bike. for that I recommend a fuel pak or a power commander. If you only change the pipes, you don't need a remap.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Defender
Intermediate

I like both of your choices. In terms of which would be better from a performance standpoint, I think it's pretty much a wash. I like the sound of the Big Radius a little better than the 2 into 1, and it's definitely the louder one of the two. As for looks I prefer the Big Radius but that's more of a subjective issue than performance or sound.

Listen to and look at both and make your decision based on your own preferences. As for the air cleaner, you should change it if you can afford to do it. I've had very good experence with the SE performance cleaner but a lot of my buds swear by the K&N. The Arlen Ness Big Sucker would also be an excellent choice. I also like the Kuryakin Hypercharger but some of my friends who have had them were not very impressed. You may or may not have to remap. I did not have to when I changed to Screamin' Eagle pipes and breather on my '07 FXST.

Last edited by Defender; 08-24-2008 at 04:31 PM.