Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking thru Heritage/Deluxe pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking thru Heritage/Deluxe pictures

When the Deluxe first came out, I remember thinking how much I liked that look and it would be nice to have one. Sits lower, tombstone taillight, clean bullet turn signals, minimal fender trim, metal tank emblem, nostalgic paint, nice looking seat and rack, cool footboards........

But then, where do you put a passenger, what if I want bags, what if I want a windshield, what if I want a backrest and what's with those pipes. So after mulling it over, there wasn't enough "pluses" to make me unhappy with my Heritage. Once I had all the "quick disconnect" in place, my Heritage looked as good or (in my mind) better than a stock Deluxe.

A lot of the Deluxe mods are windshields, bags, backrests, aftermarket pipes and handlebars. They actually look pretty awesome (with the exception of some of the choices in bags). I still like the look of the stripped Deluxe and think the stripped Heritage looks just as nice.

The pictures of both (posted here) that were my favorites were hard to tell which was which without the tell tale differences like tank badge, fender badge, tail light and paint.

Do I have a point? Not really, other than the Deluxe owners spend a lot of money getting Heritage functionality. Don't even get me started on Fatboys.......... of with there are a lot of very nice ones of those also (again except for some of the choices in bags).

Yeah, yeah, yeah............. I'll post some pic's of mine in a few days just to make it even with the critics.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Bwana55419
Cruiser

I think it just depends which canvas gets you closer to where you want to be.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:04 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bwana55419
I think it just depends which canvas gets you closer to where you want to be.
Your Deluxe is exceptional!! I like the nostalgic/retro look a lot.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Nostalgic07
Road Captain

Depends on the rider...IMO, the deluxe looked better because of the reasons you listed above!! The Heritage just didn't do "it" for me.....

I looked at the Heritage as well...but it had a-lot of the things I don't care for like saddle bags, windshield, etc. I like the "stripped down look".

If I wanted to tour long distances and needed storage...I wouldn't bother with a Heritage...I would go straight for the "streetglide or equivalent!!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:08 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

Originally Posted by Nostalgic07
Depends on the rider...IMO, the deluxe looked better because of the reasons you listed above!! The Heritage just didn't do "it" for me.....

I looked at the Heritage as well...but it had a-lot of the things I don't care for like saddle bags, windshield, etc. I like the "stripped down look".

If I wanted to tour long distances and needed storage...I wouldn't bother with a Heritage...I would go straight for the "streetglide or equivalent!!
No arguments here. Stripped down is my preferred look also on either model. BTW, great job on yours.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Nostalgic07
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CrawdadAZ
No arguments here. Stripped down is my preferred look also on either model. BTW, great job on yours.
Back at ya!! Looking good!!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:19 PM
creb
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When it came down to it for me, both needed about the same amount of changes in order to be what I wanted. I was going to change bars, pipes, seats, bags, windshields, etc on either anyway. The goal was also to end up with a bike i can dress up or strip down quickly.

I eventually went with the deluxe because i liked the tank emblem, fender trim, whitewalls, turn signals, and it came with a little more chrome.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:56 PM
grzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a stripped heritage and deluxe are so similiar that there really shouldn't be much of an discussion. It came down to comfort for me .. at 6'2 i "reluctantly" chose the heritage over my first choice being the deluxe. Once people start modifying their rides I have trouble telling how a bike started its life

Old 08-26-2008, 05:36 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

Originally Posted by grzly
a stripped heritage and deluxe are so similiar that there really shouldn't be much of an discussion. It came down to comfort for me .. at 6'2 i "reluctantly" chose the heritage over my first choice being the deluxe. Once people start modifying their rides I have trouble telling how a bike started its life
You are absolutely correct. In the end it all comes down to personal choice and taste.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Talking

Both are beautiful, I just prefer the Deluxe. Matter of fact, I prefer these bags as well. That's why they offer so mant bikes and so many options. Whatever floats yer boat Pickles.

Quick Reply: Looking thru Heritage/Deluxe pictures