Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Rocker C" Wheels on a Rocker.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Teufel_Hunden
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Rocker C" Wheels on a Rocker.

I have not been on the forums for a bit--been riding that new rocker. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will. I never could on the old hdforums site. I bought the bracket and added the Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes, stage 1 air fiter and did a reflash. Dealer did not say I really needed to buy the power commander. I lowered it and hated the ride. My wife really hated the ride. They raised the lowering bolt to its highest point and the ride was still not pleasurable for both of us. I did not spend $$$ to ride around and have to look for every bump in the road. So the lowering kit came off yesterday. Never again.

I also bought some RC Components chrome wheels. They look sharp. I had considered having the Rocker C's wheels dipped in chrome, but is was a 4 to 8 week turn around. And that was not acceptable at all. Esp. when I just got the bike and it was riding season. But now I have some Rocker C wheels for sale. I put them on ebay. Take a look if you have a Rocker and are interested in the Rocker C wheels. Or, if you have a Rocker C or some other bike and you want to dip these in chrome and not have any down time. The item number is: 290255438966 and the link to the add is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290255438966

Old 08-27-2008, 12:42 PM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Which wheels did you get? Get some pics posted. There are several threads with the instructions.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:37 PM
DawgHamilton
Cruiser

Sorry to hear about your lowering problems. What I found is the stock bump stop is almost touching the top of the swingarm when the bike is lowered which makes the bike into a hardtail. I custom made a new stop which gave me more clearance and now I have no problems. I also only weight 150lbs.

Lets see some pics of the wheels...

DH

Old 08-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Teufel_Hunden
6th Gear

I bought the "Czar" wheels. They are good looking on the bike. I almost bought the "Royal" or "Royal II" I can't remember which it was. They were more classic looking and not as radical.

I remember reading about those bump stops. But I don't know much about anything, let alone how to make some of those on my own.

I think my problem with posting pictures is that the file size is too large. I have to figure out how to make the pictures smaller.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:33 PM
gadawgsfan
Cruiser

teufel,
did you have somebody that was going to do the stock wheels for you. that is what i want to do with my stock wheels but cant find anybody that will do it. if so could you give the company name and number

Old 08-29-2008, 08:11 AM
HD RKR
Intermediate
Default lowered rocker

I am also not loving the ride since I lowered the bike. I was going to switch the lowering kit for the 422 or 442 shocks which I understand will improve the ride when lowered.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Teufel_Hunden
6th Gear

The dealership uses somebody to have stuff dipped in chrome. You can ask for the service dept. or the owner, Mike Bost, at 615-297-7500. Bost Harley Davidson in Nashville, TN. They said it would take weeks. I forgot the price now, but it was not cheep.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Teufel_Hunden
6th Gear

Is that a lowering bolt kit? Or is that a smaller shock system? And how much?