Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP mounting deflectors Heritage softail

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 03:29 PM
salty01
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP mounting deflectors Heritage softail

The directions are lame! But, it does seem that you just remove the windshield mounting bolts and mount the deflectors to the outside?

But ithe deflectors hit the back of signal lights. The bottom hole on the deflectors dosent line up with the lower windshield mount. The top I tried sliding back in forth as it's slotted
Anybody have a pic or two or a hint to send to me At s alty01ATtelus.net

Change AT to @

Thank you!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:36 PM
higg47
Road Master

I think the catalog lists a kit that is required for the windshield to be adjusted properly when installing the wings. Let us know.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Mikester48
Advanced

I've been running a pair of air deflectors for several years on my Heritage. Try turning the deflector around the other way, with the turned back part on the outside of the deflector to where it points toward the rear of the bike. The part that the bolts go through will be in front of the deflector. It looks backwards at first, I've seen them mounted both ways, but they work best facing this way I think. I have had mine on with the windshield with the quick release brackets. The deflector bolts on just under the grommet, next to the fork post, or I think you could put them on the outside of the grommets. You're right about the instructions, a simple picture or two would have been a great help. I hope this helps you out.