Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok, big decision here........

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ok, big decision here........

so I've decided to make the plunge and get pipes for my Rocker before the winter hits (as opposed to waiting till next season like I was originally going to do). I ordered my cone shaped heavy breather and power commander today.

Now I'm looking for pipes. I've seen the big radius 2 into 2 and the big radius 2 into 1. But before I commit I would love to get suggestions/see pics from you guys.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:34 PM
5speedblu
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I have no pic. But I do have the Big Radius 2n2 on my Rocker c,
I love em my friends call them ground pounders, I also have the fuel pack and high flow filter, bike is very peppy.
The only raw back is that they stick out the side a lot; I don’t know when they make the rocker specific ones if they will be tighter.
You have to watch your right leg I have grown custom to stopping with 1 foot down. Other than that they are great!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 5speedblu
Sorry I have no pic. But I do have the Big Radius 2n2 on my Rocker c,
I love em my friends call them ground pounders, I also have the fuel pack and high flow filter, bike is very peppy.
The only raw back is that they stick out the side a lot; I don’t know when they make the rocker specific ones if they will be tighter.
You have to watch your right leg I have grown custom to stopping with 1 foot down. Other than that they are great!!!
do you get a nice, deep growl from those? those are the one's i'm leaning towards right now. Btw i just checked the Vance & Hines web site and they have a part number on there specifically for the Rocker.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:58 AM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer

I primarily got the 2-1 for the power advantages. i needed a 2-1 to take full advantage of mods and could never find one I liked until I saw the BR...wow, what a fantastic shape.

The biggest surprise was how deep and mellow the sound is. it really accentuates the potato/potato sound, unlike some of the other v/h I have heard that have more of a raspy sound, which can be a bit grating when the throttle is opened up. Not quite the sound volume of the BR 2-2 IMO, but it will still set off car alarms up and down my street just idling by. I think it's the baritone idle sound that does it. the exhaust really has an intoxicating sound.

I know some folks don't like the very non-traditional look of the BR 2-1, but it was perfect for me. hardly any of them out there, as opposed to the BR 2-2 which seem to be everywhere. I like the exclusivity of the 2-1 exhaust. a couple of folks asked me if it was a custom job.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

z06 the 2-1 is what I was going to go with originally. I think that the 2-2 adds to the looks a little more though and the 2-1 looks just a little too plain. I'm really having a hard time committing

Old 09-18-2008, 11:16 AM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Alain, Here are my pics with the 2-to-2. Yes a nice deep growl, but I had Thunder Monster baffles put in. http://www.bigcitythunder.com/pages/product-fit.html

Old 09-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I like the 2-2 BR's but everyone has them and not just on Rockers.. I went with the 2-1 as something different but also because 2-1 is a better performance pipe.. How much with a stock motor I don't know but then again, I'm not keeping my motor stock much longer.. On the other side I really like the looks of the V&H Short Shots and especially in black if you have a black ride.. Chrome would prolly be better with the other colors..

The pipe I'm really leaning to right now is the Hooker FourBidden.. They claim a 13hp increase simply bolting on to a stock 96B motor.. Plus no one else has them they look cooooool... lol

They come in black too.. lol

Old 09-18-2008, 12:39 PM
FUEGO
Banned

Those Hookers are cool, but wouldn't they loose low end torque being so short? Maybe not with those four pipes.

Last edited by FUEGO; 09-18-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by RockerMike
Alain, Here are my pics with the 2-to-2. Yes a nice deep growl, but I had Thunder Monster baffles put in. http://www.bigcitythunder.com/pages/product-fit.html

Hey mike, thanks for the reply, if i was to go with those big radius 2-2 what size baffles would i need to use from Thunder Monster?

I heard those thunder monsters add a nice sound

Old 07-17-2011, 12:51 PM
johnmon
Intermediate

I have the BR 2 into 2 on my Bob and sure wish I had gone with the 2 into 1 just cuz that pipe has a deeper sound than 2/2. I am now getting thunder monster baffles. Model 2002 I think for my BR 2 into 2. I loves these pipes and the way they sound none the less.Got them from some shop up North, Chicago I think it was. I live in texas and always buy from shops up north. Try Tri County Harley in Ohio. Better prices than ALL my local stealerships for sure.
Peace and ride safe!!
Johnmon

Quick Reply: ok, big decision here........