Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C Fender Hole Cover

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:30 AM
bondyhog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker C Fender Hole Cover

Hi guys. I've had an idea for covering up the holes in the rear fender. I want to weld up the holes and get the fender painted but I'm having second thoughts because I might want to put the stock brake light and license plate mount back on in the future. I'm thinking of getting a custom made harley logo made up to cover the holes. I'm not to concerned about the wiring hole because I have another idea for that, just the 3 holes for the license plate and brake light mount. My bike hasn't arrived yet though. I'm getting it in about 3 weeks and was hoping someone could help me out. I really need the measurements for the hole centers on this mount so I can design the HD logo to the right size. Maybe if one of you have already removed it you wouldn't mind measuring it for me. I'd be forever in your debt. Thanks in advance. I'll let you know how I get on.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:46 PM
speedsnice
Tourer

This is my current set up on my 09 Rocker C. I have something else in mind I am just waiting for some parts to come in to see what I can come up with.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:12 PM
bondyhog
Intermediate

I've seen this before but I want something unique that ties in with my bikes theme. You never know, if I can get a few of these shield symbols made up I might offer a few about on the forum. Still, your bikes looking good. Nice work.

There are a couple of other options though. Two other ideas I was thinking about was maybe a glass fiber skin made to be fitted over the fender and painted to match. That way the holes are kept just in case. It would need to be thin to avoid it looking bulky but it's possible. The other idea that has come up quite a bit are the car trim bungs, painted to match the fender color. The bungs are raised though and will leave a little lump on the fender. My idea was to get hold of some neo earth magnets and make some kind of bung from the back side of the fender. This way you could make the bung flush with the surface and it would be a lot more of a natural look. Would only cost about £15 ($30) as well. Any other clever ideas welcome.

Last edited by bondyhog; 09-21-2008 at 01:44 PM.