Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep the Jackpot or buy a Rocker C???

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 03:21 PM
tach
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep the Jackpot or buy a Rocker C???

I'm trying to decide if I should sell my Victory Jackpot to buy a rocker C and wanted to get some opinions. I know most will be bias but I would like to have some hard facts as to why to keep or sell. The reason I bought the jackpot was because I thought it was the best bang for the buck. 100" motor = more power. Now I'm missing the sound from the 96" and there is no way I can get that with the jackpot. The ride on the jackpot is great and it fits me well. The only issues are there are not many dealers around here and they don't seem to know much about Victorys. This is a PITA when you want to add mods to it.. Here are some pics. Please no bashing I'm not a brand ***** and enjoy all types of bikes. As long as you ride your cool with me.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:36 PM
slomotion
Cruiser

your bike is a real beauty. For me it would be a no brainer--- .

Old 10-04-2008, 03:40 PM
RjCapp
Road Master

I don't know much about either as far as ride and ergonomics.

No idea what yours sounds like but IMO there is nothing better than the sound of a Harley V-Twin.

Again just my opinion but I give the edge overall look wise to the Jackpot just because of the big gap between the seat and rear fender on the C. I am not a big fan of the rocker. After seeing the hand controls on the Jackpot - edge to the rocker in that departent.

I have however seen a customized Rocker at Gettysburg bike week and it was pretty impressive! $$$$$$

Old 10-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Springer95
Cruiser

I'll probably get banned for saying this, but that is one bad *** Victory. I think I'd stand pat if I was you.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:42 PM
RjCapp
Road Master

BTW your Jackpot is an awesome looking ride.

I wouldnt mind owning one!

Old 10-04-2008, 04:17 PM
tach
3rd Gear

Thanks for the comments guys!! RJ, I don't like the gap between the seat and fender either. Is it me or is the gap between the rocker and rocker C different? the rocker seat looks alittle closer and better IMO. RJ you also make a good point about the hand controls, they are a little generic. If I keep it, I plan on blacking out the controls. One more great point RJ (and the most important to me) the sound!!! My bike sounds good when your ripping on it but at a stand still, it sucks!!! I'm a muscle car guy and love the sound of a 500 plus lift big block or small block chevy. I would love to have that lope at idle. The bike does run really stong and can be made to scream with little effort. However, there are not many dealerships around here that know about performance mods for the VIC. The one thing I don't like about the rocker is how they placed the tag on the rear fender. Why go through all the trouble of intergrating the break light into the signals and then leave the big *** tag in the way of a great looking fender???

Old 10-04-2008, 04:33 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by slomotion
your bike is a real beauty. For me it would be a no brainer--- .
+1

No way I'd trade that for a Rocker (no offense Rocker dudes)

Old 10-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

The biggest "hard fact" to help you decide whether to buy or sell would be resell value of both bikes. I'm not familiar with the resale on the Victory, but if it is similar to other non-HD motorcycles, you lost a butt-load of money when you left the dealership.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:58 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ride the bike that moves you the most, whatever the brand.
Tom

Old 10-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts

Really nice bike ya got there, but I (we) can sure see why you would want a HD. Take a look at this thread with a Rocker and a Danny Gray seat, now that looks good!
Jerry
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...ht=rocker+seat

Quick Reply: Keep the Jackpot or buy a Rocker C???