Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removable/lockable saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Ripsnortr
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question Removable/lockable saddlebags

I am finally ready to take the plunge for removable saddlebags. Here is my criteria;

1. They need to be lockable so some chump doesn't decide they need them more than me when I leave it parked somewhere.

2. I want them easily removable so I can strip down to a cruiser for those days I want to run without all the extras.

3. When removed, I don't want ugly hardware in place that clutters the look for having them removed in the first place.

4. I know some bags can be mouted as a seperate purchase from the hardware. Recomendations for bag retailers appreciated.

Yea, I'm being picky, but I also want to do this once.....

Thanks for the ideas in advance!

Old 10-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Ripsnortr
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OK, I think I found the brackets I was looking for.

http://www.easybrackets.com/index.htm

They meet the criteria I was hoping for ain a bracket and they have a leg up over the Ghost Brackets whereas the ends of the bracket (front and back over the mounting "pins") are covered. Gives it a more complete look for me. The devil is in the details.

Now off to look for bags.

As always, reviews and thoughts on what I am looking at are always appreciated.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with the Easy Brakets for the Wifes Deluxe. Added Bags from The Leatherworks. They were made to match the style of the seat on the deluxe with the Braiding and basketweave design. The 120, angle bag fits well even with stock pipes and has plenty of room. Added a couple rear pouches for glasses ect.. and she is a happy lady.

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/Import...ks/120Bag.html

Attached Thumbnails Removable/lockable saddlebags-pam-s-bike-015.jpg  
Old 10-13-2008, 08:47 PM
url8
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailfndr
I went with the Easy Brakets for the Wifes Deluxe. Added Bags from The Leatherworks. They were made to match the style of the seat on the deluxe with the Braiding and basketweave design. The 120, angle bag fits well even with stock pipes and has plenty of room. Added a couple rear pouches for glasses ect.. and she is a happy lady.

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/Import...ks/120Bag.html
I also went with the same set up as Traifndr, Same brackets and bags. Those pockets on the back on his bike are great and I wish I had added them in that you can put keys, etc in there without having to open the bag. If you wish they can change the piping color to match your bike or what ever.
Good luck,

http://www.leatherworksinc.com/motog...hd-softail.php

Old 10-13-2008, 09:14 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

I like my Easy Brackets

Old 10-13-2008, 09:21 PM
richmac64
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend the bags at www.leatherpros.com The bags are easily removed and don't leave alot of hardware behind when you take them off. They are well made, lined so they won't sag, will lock to the motorcycle and you can lock them so they can't be opened.

I don't work for them or anything like that, I'm just happy with the product. I've had them two years so far and they still look great.

Of course it all depends on what you want to spend and there are alot of good choices out there.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:58 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For your criteria you need Boss Bags, held on with 2 small studs, quick detach in about 5 seconds, look great and are constructed really well, they are also lockable. www.bossbags.com. I have Iron Bags and like them better then Boss bags, but they are not quick disconect.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:03 PM
richmac64
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boss bags and Leather pro bags are pretty much the same thing. If you look at the info. the are in the same city and some of the pics are almost the same. Rumor has it they owners are related. The leatherpro bags only leave behind a small stud also. Check the prices.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:08 PM
nampahcg
Intermediate

Are there detachable saddlebags that work with a detachable backrest???

Old 10-13-2008, 11:30 PM
J104
5th Gear

+1 on the Boss Bags. I went with the full customized setup and love 'em! Easy on/ off, no ugly brackets when removed, very well built and are quite useful as well as ornimental! Only one drawback...they ARE spendy.

Quick Reply: Removable/lockable saddlebags